Fuel Pump Choice with Radix

Here's the scoop. A Hummer owner traded in his 03 hummer with a radix on it. The engine had a spun rod bearing so the dealership replaced it and sold the supercharger kit to me. Includes the compressor, brackets, bolts, pulleys, intercooler, etc. Basically a complete ki, but I doubt that they put in the effort to remove the fuel pump.

I assume that an in-tank pump is preferable over an in-line one, in the neighborhood of 255lph. What pump would be recommended for this application? I've found a Walbro 255 in-tank for right around $106, but I'm not certain that this is the best/correct option for me.

Thanks for any help.

I also bought a used kit w/o the fuel pump. I ran mine for a month with just the stock pump. I almost always had my laptop hooked up watching everything. It would get lean on the top when I was pushing it hard, but really ran fine on the stock pump.

I bought a walbro inline pump for mine. I bought a couple of barbed fittings that fit properly with a stock fuel filter. I put the pump inline after the fuel filter, with a foot of rubber fuel line on each side. I used the magna instructions as the example, but my fittings and parts were different. I think I have about $125 in the setup.

Thanks guys.

Anything tricky I need to be aware of before starting this installation?

I just installed mine this weekend. The only thing you need to be extremly careful of are any grounds you may have to disconnect to move the harness to get the blower in. Make ABSOLUTELY sure you connect to a good ground source. I found that a valve cover bolt is NOT a good ground, it's insulated because of the coil packs being mounted there. Have fun!

Thanks guys.

Anything tricky I need to be aware of before starting this installation?

I just installed mine this weekend. The only thing you need to be extremly careful of are any grounds you may have to disconnect to move the harness to get the blower in. Make ABSOLUTELY sure you connect to a good ground source. I found that a valve cover bolt is NOT a good ground, it's insulated because of the coil packs being mounted there. Have fun!

Had that problem after installing a new intake manifold on my old truck... the thing would fire up, run for a second or two and then die... took me a good hour to track down the source of the problem. :banghead:

Archived