Superchargers

gabbett1

:chevy: I have been playing with the idea of supercharging my SS :troll: , however the compression on the motor is already 10:1 :eek: . Has anyone supercharged theirs yet, and if so what did you have to do about the fuel that you run?

I know that there have been people that said they were having it done, but I didn't know if they had to do anything about the compression they are running. The last thing I want to have to worry about is running racing fuel :sick:.

:chevy: I have been playing with the idea of supercharging my SS :troll: , however the compression on the motor is already 10:1 :eek: . Has anyone supercharged theirs yet, and if so what did you have to do about the fuel that you run?

I know that there have been people that said they were having it done, but I didn't know if they had to do anything about the compression they are running. The last thing I want to have to worry about is running racing fuel :sick:.

dcairns, is the only one I know of who has a supercharger on an SS. He frequents this board often and probably will respond to your post. Seems to me he had to lower psi (or charger came with lower psi) on blower because of 10:1 engine compression. :confused: I'm pretty sure he installed a Magnacharger :cool:

Yeah, that would be me. The short answer is yes it works great!!!! :D Brought the quarter mile time down from 15.3 to 13.8 and even more important, it is a real kick to drive with that low end punch. The boost registers at 6-7 Lbs, which suprised me a bit, I thought it would be more like 5-6 Lbs. I just use 91 octane premium, the highest generally available here in CA. You are right, though, the high compression of our engine does not make it an ideal supercharging subject, but it does work.

Check out this thread, lots of pics

Supercharger

And generally poke around in the "engine tech" section. I have posted lots in there about my supercharger search.

Archived