Well boys it's been fun...

black03zr5

I traded my SS in for a GTO yesterday. I have been thinking about doing this for a while, and my new job pretty much sealed the deal since I will be doing a bit of driving. So here are the details, I got $26,500 for my truck (which is equal to $28,125 with tax) and I got the GTO for $25,200. All around not too bad of a deal. The GTO is torrid red with black leather, M6, and appearance pakcage. I love it, it is so much fun. I think I will miss my truck though, but hopefully not too much.

Dave

I traded my SS in for a GTO yesterday.  I have been thinking about doing this for a while, and my new job pretty much sealed the deal since I will be doing a bit of driving.  So here are the details, I got $26,500 for my truck (which is equal to $28,125 with tax) and I got the GTO for $25,200.  All around not too bad of a deal.  The GTO is torrid red with black leather, M6, and appearance pakcage.  I love it, it is so much fun.  I think I will miss my truck though, but hopefully not too much.

Dave

don't be a stranger and good luck with it :seeya::seeya::seeya:

:seeya:

Congrats on the new GTO, that car is very nice, especially with the LS2 and the m6.  I think you made the right choice, as the GTO is really fun to drive and has better fuel economy.  Too bad you couldn't keep both.

I would imagine for the price he listed, it is an '04 leftover not an '05.

If it was an '05 it was a hell of a deal. If it was an '04 maybe not.

I was looking at a 2004 Yellow Jacket M6 with a fiberglass Ram Air hood. I could have bought the car for $22,500.00 including the new hood. That was $11,000 off the MSRP.

I think I might hold off for a 2007 Shelby GT500. I am going to see a friend who is the Sales Manager at the Ford dealer tomorrow to see if I can put in a pre-order for one. I always wanted an Old Shelby but never had one. This is my chance to get it the way I want. White with Blue Stripes.

Here is a pretty cool link to see different color cars and stripes.

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustang/cobraPainter.html

Congrats on the new GTO, that car is very nice, especially with the LS2 and the m6.  I think you made the right choice, as the GTO is really fun to drive and has better fuel economy.  Too bad you couldn't keep both.

I would imagine for the price he listed, it is an '04 leftover not an '05.

If it was an '05 it was a hell of a deal. If it was an '04 maybe not.

I was looking at a 2004 Yellow Jacket M6 with a fiberglass Ram Air hood. I could have bought the car for $22,500.00 including the new hood. That was $11,000 off the MSRP.

I think I might hold off for a 2007 Shelby GT500. I am going to see a friend who is the Sales Manager at the Ford dealer tomorrow to see if I can put in a pre-order for one. I always wanted an Old Shelby but never had one. This is my chance to get it the way I want. White with Blue Stripes.

Here is a pretty cool link to see different color cars and stripes.

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustang/cobraPainter.html

oh my, i like the black with red stripes and the yellow with black stripes. :cool::cool::cool:

how much are those supposed to run?

It is an 04 leftover. However it has the 05 hood and spoiler. Most of the dealers around here that have M6's aren't dealing as much as they were before, since there aren't very many left they are trying to get more $$. I looked at one that had 1500 miles on it and was black and the lowest he would go was 24,700 I walked away laughing.

All in all between my trade and purchase price I think I came out pretty good.

Dave

hey dave...if you ever really miss your truck we can always trade for a week or something...

we'll have to meet up on uni one night so i can take a look at that thing...congrats on the new buy!

Gotta give you credit for trying... We definetly need to meet up.

Dave

P.S. No LS2 or split dual that came in 05.

P.S.S. 31k for an 04 is absolutely rediculous, I hope that was Canadian. The highest I have seen an 04 is around 26-27.

Dave

Archived