Finally got a bath, not to bad

fox_forma

I decided today would be a good day to clean the Black SS. Turned pretty good but I wasn;t able to put my teflon paint protection on which makes it looks even better. After I cleaned it there are some marks on the left side of the bed behind the excab door so that is holding me back some. I guess I need to buff it out but I haven;t used a buffer in a while so i'm sceptical to do it to my truck, especially since its black and if I mess up you will really notice. Here are a few pics of it, I couldn;t seem to get the light to hit better but oh well.

allpics115.jpg

allpics113.jpg

If you look closely you can see the marks, I'm not sure where they came from nor can I get them out right now. Any suggestions????

allpics112.jpg

allpics110.jpg

Once I find a way to get them marks out the teflon will be goin on and it makes it shine a lot better, best part with the teflon stuff is I dont have to wax it for at least 8 months, just a good cleaning and it always looks like it was waxed. What ya think?

Wow, I like the finish, that looks super sharp. That is a real pisser about the scuff marks, almost looks like someone tied a load down with the rope going over the side of the bed??

Mr. P. :)

Wow, I like the finish, that looks super sharp.  That is a real pisser about the scuff marks, almost looks like someone tied a load down with the rope going over the side of the bed??

Mr. P. :)

When I looked at em again i think that might be what its from, i have dirt bikes and quads and I think its from a tie down coming loose or something. I got the scratches out with scratch X and it looks like new again. I just applied the teflon and it is shining like crazy, I tried to get good pics but apparently my digital camera sucks so you cant really tell. Looks better than new except my rear bumper being busted, that will be fixed soon hopefully. I really like this teflon stuff and I have a 5yr warrenty on my paint if the clear coat wears or I get acid rain spots they have to fix it. Just wish the pics would look better, maybe tomorrow I'll have better ones.

Wow the reflection makes it look like your hats on sideways ... wierd.

Actually I think it was on sideways, its gangsta, gotta be that way when you live in the burbs :crackup:

heres two more, dont know if its any better or not, my monitor isn;t great so I cant tell......

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

i got some of those same marks on my truck all along the edge at the top...the left side is worse than the left ...it really pisses me off cause that is the side that got painted ......wanted to clean mine up but that will have to wait till tommorow

I went and bought some scratch remover, I forget the name but it didn;t work and I was pissed so I went back and bought scratch X and it came right out. I would recommend scratch X if you can find it. I was suprised to see it completely gone after I used it. I give it a :thumbs:

I use that tire foam stuff, cant think of the name, comes in a black and white can. I dont care for the spray much, i think the foam does a lot better job. maybe called Tire Wet?? Not sure

Got an interesting story while I was at the gym today. I parked next to some guy who had a 04 silverado 2500, pretty nice truck but not an SS. Well I ended up leaving the same time he did so we were walking out of the gym together and he stopped and was looking at my SS. He saw me get into it and walked over and was amazed how nice it looked. He said he was contemplating buying one but couldn;t find one anywhere and hes been looking for a while. I told him there was a red SS brand new at the dealer not far away. He never got to see the inside of an SS so he was curious. He loved it which was funny because he said " F**k my truck I'm goin to trade it in right now", he said he had the title in hand and he got the directions to the dealership where the SS was at. So I guess next week when i get back around my area I will see if he ended up pickin it up. I totally forgot to tell him bout this site but i see him all the time at the gym so next time i will remember :banghead:

Archived