Carlisle All GM Nationals review

Krambo

Hey guys, I am just relaying what I asked Jon. I was excited also and would have talked to him all afternoon however he was talking with other guys who I didn't know. I was surprised he gave that much info out! :crazy: I just want to see if he is for real or just blowing smoke. He has always been a reputable guy so I am holding him to what he said. :nono:

As for the 395hp in the Ex Cab next year...he only said the things I mentioned above. :sigh:

Anyone else that went to the GM Nationals grill our favorite design engineer? :confused:

:chevy:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I don't like about this... I bought a 40,000 dollar truck and now they come out with a cheaper, faster version. Now if they offer to make my engine 395hp for free, then I would forget the whole thing!!!!

919, my thoughts exactly. I'm wondering where the extra 50HP is coming from? Any ideas guys?

The single cab concept didn't have the LQ9. It had a standard LQ4, but they put milled down LS6 heads for higher compression and a more aggressive cam. I think total compression came out to be 10.5:1 with those heads. Not sure about the cam, but I'd guess it was an LS6 cam.

but u wont be able to carry as many people or have all the luxuries of the current SS therefore I think it kinda cancels itself out.

It doesn't cancel out the extra 10-15K that I am making payments on, plus we lose the bragging rights to having the fastest Silverado available. Dont get me wrong, I think they need to make it (chevy needs to reclaim the speed title), but I would not own the regular cab, I have a family and I think the extended cab looks better.

don't get too excited I assure you all this project has NOT been approved yet...But PLEASE keep up your support for the reg cab: every bit helps! Just know that there are a few folks at GM that are trying everything they can to get this through.

This is what I don't like about this... I bought a 40,000 dollar truck and now they come out with a cheaper, faster version. Now if they offer to make my engine 395hp for free, then I would forget the whole thing!!!!

Now you know how MANY Z06 owners felt, when Chevy did it to them a couple of years back. Upped the HP the second year out.

Archived