Maybe able to swap w/ ls2

My fiance's brother is a service manager at a local dealership. One of her other brothers has just bought a used 2002 Trailblazer in perfect condition from the same dealership. Before they bought it, the preinspection was done and they found an "engine knock", not really but so they said. Well according to the two brothers the engine is going to be replaced with a new one "under warranty". :thumbs: I mentioned it would be real nice to find an engine knock on the SS :D , and replace with an ls2 :D . He said that if they have an LS2 on the lot that he will write up a service order for it and have the tech say that it needs to be replaced, (which was done to the trailblazer) and he will swap out mine with the ls2. I told him its worth a couple grand if he can get it done...so time will tell.... :thumbs:

sounds good to me. the wieght savings alone is worht it. its gonna be really hard to get an engine replaced that isnt making noise though, because the GM area rep will more than likly get involved and have to hear the noise first. thats how i got my LS6 though. we had a z06 come in with an engine knock. they replaced the engine. after the 30 day holding period was up they were getting rid of it because there was no core charge on it since they got a new engine. so i took it home. when i took it apart i found the knock was caused by a broken piston. havnt had time to rebuild it yet though.

what would be best to shoot for?  If im going to try and get one i want to get the best or nothing...we are waiting for a while because theyre doing the blazer now.

the best to shoot for? the LS2 would be, but it's not a 'straight' swap. I'm sure this drive by wire crap will be an issue and their knock sensors are in a different location, so you will need to figure out how to deal with that. search for LS2 conversions on ls1tech for more info.

Well if we are talking about throwing crate engines in there then why not just anny up the extra few thousand and throw in a LS7 when they come out? How hard would this be? That would be putting you up in SRT-10 territory then! Plus some FI and you are blowing up trannies with the pros! :driving::devil::ughdance:

$5,895.00 that you need to spend if you want a new LS2. Tahoe is correct, this is theft, plain and simple. Not only are we getting our pockets picked annually by the IRS, but we also pay a share for the costs that you and your buddies create.

Nice job posting your plan on the internet! I sent emails of your post to as many of your local dealers as I could find, hope it all works out for ya!

:chillpill: , is it theft if it hasnt been done yet? :shakehead: To begin with I posted this to get opinions anyway...as to weather or not to try and get it done. I appreciate some members opinions...and other i feel "better left unmentioned". I honestly never saw that side of things and its made me not try and go through with it. Its hard to have a connection and not use it. On the other hand, i was paying for it...just not the rediculous, outragous prices gm wants...to me THATS theft, charging double the price for a vehicle that it cost half to make. If you dont think thats a true statement look at the rebates, incentive, and other discounts some get. 15k off a 40k truck to begin with.

My fiance's brother is a service manager at a local dealership.  One of her other brothers has just bought a used 2002 Trailblazer in perfect condition from the same dealership.  Before they bought it, the preinspection was done and they found an "engine knock", not really but so they said.  Well according to the two brothers the engine is going to be replaced with a new one "under warranty".  :thumbs:  I mentioned it would be real nice to find an engine knock on the SS  :D , and replace with an ls2 :D .    He said that if they have an LS2 on the lot that he will write up a service order for it and have the tech say that it needs to be replaced, (which was done to the trailblazer) and he will swap out mine with the ls2.  I told him its worth a couple grand if he can get it done...so time will tell.... :thumbs:

Wait, didn't you say this is what was being done? Sounds like your brother and brother n law dont mind gambling with thier job.

And yes, this is the kind of thing that drives up cost of vehicles and increases in labor rate...

JOSH

Archived