AMP set-up 2ch, 1ch......

I'm a little confused about setting up my amp. My other one broke so my buddy took it to fix it and I told him he could use it to power his 3 12's since I only have one 10" MTX 4500. How do I set it up for one channel or two channels. here is the amp specs and the power it can be st-up at. Havent done this in a while to take it easy on me.

My Old amp

I just want to make sure i get enough power to the sub so I can get its full potential out of it. It sounds good right now but i know I can get it to sound better.

I'm mostly confused about about how to set it up for different channels, should I bridge it, etc. I just cant remember this stuff after so many years so I hope one of you can put me in the right path. Thanx

Its a 2 channel amp I believe, thats what it said on the spec page above. The sub is the MTX thunder 4500. It says its a 4 ohm load, 225 RMS. I'm not positve on the voice coil, prob a single but I dont know. This is what I have.....

Thunderform single

The other info is above about my old amp.

Thanx so far :thumbs:

Sweet, thanks guys, now one more question... When it says it is 240RMS at that load is that considered with the gain and bass control at a certain level, or do I just need to mess around with that untill it sounds the cleanest?

• 3 weeks later...
You want to tune it till just before the sub bottoms out that is where distortion comes into play.. Distortion will blow anything up.

What he said. Most often you dont want to turn the gain all the way up it will clip you amplifiers signal causes lots of problems. Usually 3/4 is pretty good.

1 start with gain all the way down

2 turn stereo volume up to 3/4 of full volume

3 adjust gain for best sound

This should get you pretty close and keep things safe

Archived