infinus

Went to Stanton to see how the truck was running with Zippy and TJ. Mods are:

Radix w/3.3 inch pulley

160 tstat

TR6 plugs

TB Torque convertor

Zippy Shift Kit

Zippy computer tune

I have stock exhaust, stock clutch fans, a heavy tonneu cover on and my JL sub box in the cab.

I ran a 13.64 @ 98 mph. It was 75 degrees out and sunny. I got a 1.92 on my 60 foot. I'll have my slip posted up here soon.

I was fairly pleased with this number considering its only a 3.3 inch pulley with very few additional mods. We were getting pretty good timing and fueling throughout the run (running pump gas). The night before Zippy put a wideband on the truck and found that with a smaller pulley the truck was running out of fuel if we were running any decent amount of timing.

Thanks for all the hard work TJ and Zippy!

the best 60' it pulled i belive was the last with a 1.906. i have the timing at low rpm not at it's highest available point since he's not going to be able to drive it around with a scanning system on the truck and watch for KR* when it's 95-100º. had the temperatures been around 50-60º as expected the tune would have added another 1-2º of timing by itself compensating for the colder air and lower underhood temperatures. we've driven the truck around in the 50-60º air and at them temperatures it spins the tires.

hopefully next time out we'll work more time out of it in testing other things. :thumbs:

side note: it'll certainly be interesting to see what the 03' truck runs with the corsa and vigilante since it's actually a bit quicker through the 1/4. possibly a 13.4 on the 3.3 pulley?

Archived