VHO vs. Syclone

standby

That's right I beat a Syclone at TNT in Centerville, AR! He let off at the end because any under 11.5 sec (1000ft track) requires a helmet :devil: From the green light until he let off he absolutely smoked my a$$...very cool truck :cool: I got a new best 1000ft. time of 11.98, previous best was 12.05 only difference was removed passenger side headlight for the 11.98 run. I have seen and heard about guys doing this, but figured it was "free mod" that was worth what it cost.

Now for the nitrous question: A girl was running a late moded Mustang GT (pre 2005) with nitrous, don't know any particulars of the set up, but after making a pass, the guy with her attempted to start it and KABOOOMMM! I don't mean a "pop" or a "fizz" I mean KABOOOMMM. Entire engine compartment engulfed, I was standing at the passenger door when it happened (hello Charmin)...unbelievable. So, nitrous guys: What the he11 would have caused this? Just curious.

Nitrous build up in the intake manifold + spark when you try to start the car =

explosion.

Juts like when you try to start your gas grill and the igniter won't light it off...then after a few seconds it lights, but all the extra propane that was floating around above the burners creates a massive fireball and singes your eyebrows...hehe.

Congrats on the Syclone run...you should've left out that he let off before the end!!!

- Brian

A friend of mine had that happen to his Grand National, he bought it new then added nitrous, did not know anything about nitrous he hit the button with the engine off (testing it) then went to start it and cracked the block :eek: . Expensive lesson :tear: and the car was less than a year old :banghead:

• 6 months later...
Nitrous build up in the intake manifold + spark when you try to start the car =

explosion.

Nitrous oxide is not flammable (by itself). It is just nitrogen, which is an inert gas, and oxygen, which helps other things burn faster. But combine it with the fuel puddling mentioned, and a spark, and you get a bigger bang. :eek:

so what this guy had the system on when he started the car???how does the nitrous collect in the intake when the system is dissarmed(by a WOT switch) after the quarter mile race, and then drove back to the pits. Just trying to learn this so i never do it.

Brad

so what this guy had the system on when he started the car???how does the nitrous collect in the intake when the system is dissarmed(by a WOT switch) after the quarter mile race, and then drove back to the pits.  Just trying to learn this so i never do it.

Brad

:withstupid:

so what this guy had the system on when he started the car???how does the nitrous collect in the intake when the system is dissarmed(by a WOT switch) after the quarter mile race, and then drove back to the pits.  Just trying to learn this so i never do it.

Brad

:withstupid:

if you think it is a stupid question...then try explaining it so i don't have to ask again. I just don't understand how the nitrous "builds up" when the system is not armed. I run nitrous on my 76 nova and have never had this problem, and don't want to.

Brad

Archived