It doesn't shift hard enough!

man that sucks , well if you do get another reman, tell that that if this one fails it qualifies for the lemon law maybe that will scare them into actually fixing it.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this sux jon... you wanna give me that new torque converter? :jester:

to be honest, I think a good N-bomb-shift on this next tranny should take care of things... blow it to hell and lemon it. Its never going to be right with these POS reman. parts... unless the tech at this dealer is some kind of tranny wiz-kid.

man that sucks , well if you do get another reman, tell that that if this one fails it qualifies for the lemon law maybe that will scare them into actually fixing it.

I went and talked with them about lemoning the truck it will take this one breaking for it to be considered a lemon and it's not going to scare them they could care less. The owner of the dealer is a really cool guy and I wouldn't wanna get him in any trouble with GM he told me lemoning a truck wouldn't matter he would help me out if it comes to that, he says at that point it's all business and nothing against the dealer.

Dylan: The converter is still good for now and goes into the next trans! :jester:

Lemonade...a new silver SS, w/electric fans...

BUT seriously why are the flagship of GM trucks having these quality issues with parts, and not bs trim pieces the heart and soul???

It just make me think of the crap you would have to deal w/ if you had a ford :eek:

keep us posted, I wish I knew if I had a flawed part (trans case,the debris in the rear end and front end...)

Allthough it will be worth 1-2 tenths in the quater, so thats some food for thought.

With as hard, and more importantly how quick, mine shifts now, I personally don't think I'm leaving anything on the table. My tranny has been completely rebuilt though. Of course, we could speculate all day long. :P

thats how it came previous to the shift kit install right???

Speaking of trans go. Tuned one of those this weekend(Radix, 2.9", trailblazer conv, corsa, lt)...thing didn't shift worth poo.

Mine shifts awesome. You must mean "the shift according to Zippy" philosophy. Shake loose your teeth, or don't drive it. :)

yeah them there zippy kits do make for some hard shiftin... :jester:

Well I just got off the phone with GM's customer service and told them that it is unacceptable to me for them to put a reman trans in that failed after only 30 miles and then take all the internal parts out and put them into a new case and think that everything is going to be ok. I told them that I want a complete brand new trans not a remanufactured trans. The lady on the phone told me that they have a 5 year 50,000 mile warranty. I said it doesn't matter if it had a life time warranty it doesn't make a difference when it fails in 30 miles. So she said she will see what she can do and she is going to be giving me a call tomarrow afternoon.

Jon... in the world of customer service the phrase:

"I'll see what I can do and give you a call tomorrow"

Means that they just want you to shut up and leave them alone. Not saying its right, but its the ugly truth... hopefully they prove me wrong and call you tomorrow to let you know when your new tranny should be arriving... I just have my doubts.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

But...on a brighter note...the last time I had to call GM on my truck on a service related item, I got the same answer, but they called me back and said they would do what I wanted. Good luck.

Jon... in the world of customer service the phrase:

"I'll see what I can do and give you a call tomorrow"

Means that they just want you to shut up and leave them alone. Not saying its right, but its the ugly truth... hopefully they prove me wrong and call you tomorrow to let you know when your new tranny should be arriving... I just have my doubts.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

i got the same, i'll call you tomarrow. and they called 2 days later :lol: and when all said and done i got my problem taken care of and a 100,00 mi. extended waranty bumber to bumper 0 deductable for my inconvence :thumbs::chevy:

:seeya:

GM returned my call and fed me the same :icon_bs: so it looks like the dealer is going to inspect every part in the trans and hopefully replace anything with any kinda wear on it and I hope they at least replace the pump if nothing else. So we'll see what happends :dunno:

EDIT:I guess one good thing is all I need to do to finish installing the Zippy kit is the boost valve, tcc valve, and install the servos :thumbs:

Well the tech from the dealer called me today and told me he got the new case and inspected all the parts from the reman trans and said everything looked good no burnt clutches or abnormal wear on anything pretty much like new. So he went ahead and installed all the parts reinstalled the trans and got the truck running again he got it on the road and as soon as he got on it BANG. So he called the GM tech line and they said they have had problems with the sprag being weak and giving out but mostly on trucks that have higher horsepower engines such as being supercharged or nitrous so I guess there is an updated part that they have to order for a stronger sprag. Now the tech has to remove the trans and disassemble it again to put a new sprag in it. I guess I just can't win I kinda want to buy all the stronger performance parts for it and have the dealer install them but it would be my luck the damn thing would break again and then I would have just wasted a bunch of money. :banghead::mad::banghead::mad:

Dam jon that sucks i thought you would have it back by this weekend, it would be so much easier if they would give you a new tranny already . Hang in there man it will all come together soon.

Archived