It doesn't shift hard enough!

:withstupid:

You'd think they'd just realize that this reman tranny is costing them more in labor than a brand new one would have cost in the first place. Every hour this tranny tech spends pulling this reman'd peice of junk out of your truck and putting back in is more money out of thier pockets... so why not just PUT IN A NEW TRANS?!?! :banghead:

Really sorry to hear about #3 Jon... I thought for sure they'd have it fixed by now... as always you can come visit my truck if it'll make you feel better... you just aren't allowed to drive it :jester:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got my POS back lets see how long it will last this time! I'm going to be calling BBB tomarrow to start the lemon law case.

Hadn't you just wanted to build the tranny anyway - eventually? Why not just do it - now?

I don't exactly have the money to do so right now other wise I would and a 2wd SS or a VHO would be much easier to put an 80e into. I am actually afraid to drive the truck now not knowing when or where I may get stranded. :dunno:

Just got my POS back lets see how long it will last this time! I'm going to be calling BBB tomarrow to start the lemon law case.

Hadn't you just wanted to build the tranny anyway - eventually? Why not just do it - now?

I don't exactly have the money to do so right now other wise I would and a 2wd SS or a VHO would be much easier to put an 80e into. I am actually afraid to drive the truck now not knowing when or where I may get stranded. :dunno:

Unless you have plans for fairly serious power, you really don't have a need for a 80e, IMO. Maybe you would feel better with one, but not sure you would need. Making a 65E much more stout will cost you way less than pulling it out and putting a 80 in. An 80 is going to suck a lot of power. So to make it worthwhile, your power level should be up there quite substantially over stock power levels in order to recoupe what you're going to loose to the ground. Just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like I have been denied trying to get GM to take the truck back unless I try arbitration. I may endup trying to sell it anyone want a Victory red 04 SS for $32,000? I'd trade it in on a VHO but i'll probably lose my a$$ trying to trade it in.

get legal advise.

No one should have a new truck with that poor of service.

I love my SSS but GM does not seem to take care of such a strong loyal group of buyiers...who do they think is going to buy the SSlineups???

Well I just got back from the dealership earlier today and they are offering me 28,500 for my truck I owe just under $32,000. We priced out a fully loaded VHO and turned out with my truck traded in and $2000 down my payments will be less than I am paying right now on the SS. Even though I am still going to endup upside down in the deal I feel it is a pretty fair deal, so now I just need to come up with the money to put down.

Archived