hooker aerochamber muffler

just got back from having my hooker aerochamber installed. i have an x pipe in front of it, the muffler is dual inlet 2.5 inch, and single 3 inch outlet. i also had a dual 3 in tip put on in a different spot. its ceramic coated black and looks really well with my truck. its straight out the back on the passenger side kinda like the srt10's. i really like the look of it.

the new exhaust note if very nice. iam very happy i went with this muffler from my previous no muffler setup. the exhaust guy said "man this baby is gonna be loud" which we both agreed, because you can see right through the hooker aerochamber muffler. well, i went to start it up, and it sounded stock. we couldnt hear hardly anyhting. there is a real low grumble, but from up front or in the truck, you cant hear idle with the windows up. there is significant droan accelerating through the rpms, but once i hit 70 mph crusing speed.....droan is almost non existent. i love it.

when i accelerate , it has a very nice mellow growl to it.

when i hit WOT, it sounds very nice. it sounds like the sound clips from thouse new GTO's on the pontiac website. i am very happy with this new setup.

one question though, what do exhaust tips with resonators do as far as sound dampening. do they take away from the growl, or the droan??? thanks guys.

It'll get louder, trust me. ;) I used the Max-Flow muffler. When we started it for the first time, the installer and I were stunned. We could see straight through the thing, and with gutted cats, it was still quieter than stock at idle! Just a deeper note.

I used a y-pipe and the single 3" in/out long casing last fall. It sounds great, not farm truck loud (Flowmasters) , but a nice deep rumble.

Here was my post and pics.

M396's custom SSS exhaust

Archived