Gaylord Lids

hi not sure if anyone has interest in a new lid but if you want to sell yours for a readonable price i'd be interested. I live in Chicopee Ma and would pick up if not too far. Well if interested just email me back [email protected] , or call 413-246-8191. Thanks

Tony Patalano

04 silverado ss (black)

guys, i dont think its just your gaylords doing this.  my A.R.E.  lid has this problem too.  the paint always somehow flakes off of the lock lever and looks like crap.  i just continue to use the touch up paint untill i get a better idea. 

todd

I just noticed the other day on my ARE that I have 2 or 3 small chips on the lock....other than that I am absolutely satisfied with mine! If there was a Gaylord's dealer closer, I would have considered one of their lids....but after looking at others fiberglass tonneaus, and then the ARE...they were the best available in my area.....glad I got it!

• 4 months later...
I live in NY, does anyone know where i can find or order a x2000 speedstur lid for my SS for the best price? What have you guys paid for the lid shipped to your door?

In northern NJ, Bruces Speed Shop. Around $1200 installed. (not that it is that hard to install though)

• 1 month later...

HI guys I'm a SS owner and Gaylords dealer and I have some updates for you.

The issue with the locks has been fixed. There no longer are to locks; now there is one chrome lock in the center and i has auto locking when you close the lid. The X-2000 now also comes with remote unlocking with a key fob. The cost has gone up also as you probaly expect.

The bowing issue has been addresed also they have reinforced the honeycomb to reduce this problem. Notice I said reduce, it's possible it could still happen if the heat and humidity are high enough. This problem has showed up mostly in the gulf coast.

They are now using a diffeerent adhesive for the carpeting. I haven't heard of a problem with any of the lids I sold this year. I'm assuming this has fixed the problem because if it hadn't I would have had some calls this summer.

As far as the rubber edgeing goes I never order a lid with it. I don't like the looks and the edging can come off with repeated opening and closing. I honestly don't know why they even offer it.

The also now offer a bed rug kit that matches the truck lid carpet.

If you had a problem with any of these issues Gaylords is usally pretty responsive to taking care of it for you. You can go to Gaylordslids.com if you need more info or help.

Hope this helps everyone.

Thanks. I have been too busy being spanked by hurricanes in Florida and building a newer stronger house to address the Gaylord lid lately. I plan to take it back to dealer within 2 year warranty for carpet sag and lock paint chips. There is also a small circular series of crack starting at 1 spot (may have been shipping or factory damage repair at some point) that is showing through paint. Of course mine still bows. Maybe with all of this I can get a newer version with a nominal upgrade cost for auto unlock.

Rick R

Archived