valvetrain

i think im going to get the vhp cam (212/218-.551/.551) and im going to replace the springs. my question is, are titanium retainers worth the money? are they needed/recommended? and with that lift would 1.8:1 rockers be a good investment. i really dont know jack about this stuff so any help is appreciated.

Skip the rockers.  The titanium retainers aren't needed either.  They would help if you spin high rpms and run a higher lift cam.  Just the cam and some comp 918 springs.

I agree. And with those better springs, some hardened pushrods are a cheap but worthwhile v-train upgrade. :)

Skip the rockers.  The titanium retainers aren't needed either.  They would help if you spin high rpms and run a higher lift cam.  Just the cam and some comp 918 springs.

:withstupid:

ok, no new rockers and forget the titanium retainers. got it. thanks guys. i asked not too long ago about cam selection and got a couple quick answers. choices were between the vhp cam (see above post) and the comp cams 212/218-.558/.563 115. i think most said they liked the comp but could anyone go into detail as to why. with the shorter intake and tighter lsa wouldnt the powerband be lower and better for a heavy truck. thanks again

Archived