Howdy!

FlyinTurbo

Well, I haven't gotten my SS yet, but I have pretty much decided on steppin up to the plate and purchasing a black SS within the next month or so. I've test driven one 3 times now and even let the wife test drive it (whew, that was a toughie!)... we're both sold on it!

I am currently into VWs and have a couple 2000 VW 1.8Ts that do pretty good (one of em has just about 300 whp..and weighs 2700 lbs!), so needless to say, I am into modding things. I even own a lil company that does dub parts; www.forced-motion.com . I've been reading this site for a while and am excited to get workin on the SS.

Seems like its pretty easy to make them just a LOT faster then they come from the factory! I suspect that mine wont stay N/A for very long, but am concerned with the heat generated by a 6psi blower and the heat here in AZ. Does anyone have experience with keeping the charged air within a reasonable temperature? As has been mentioned here a few times, one of the members, dcairns, has a Radix blower/intercooler setup.... I'd be curious to know what kind of EGTs he sees in 100+ deg temps. Reliability is key for me as I will be putting about 24K miles on my truck per year... same amt of miles I put on my Chevy S-10 SS that I loved!

Anyway, I will quit babbling. Looking forward to my new ride and starting the mod process shortly thereafter...

Archived