Fuel Pump Question.. Need help fast

204Denali

Ok, with the exeption of you radix guys. I need to know who has installed a walbro pump in a 04 or 05 with a returnless fuel system. ( In tank Pump) I have a walbro gss342 pump for my denali, the walbro pump is about 1/2 inch in diameter smaller then the stock pump, I am trying to figure out what I can do to make it fit snug. I dont really want it free floating in there. Granted the fuel pump sock will help support it some at the bottom. Need some help here please..

Ok, with the exeption of you radix guys. I need to know who has installed a walbro pump in a 04 or 05 with a returnless fuel system. ( In tank Pump) I have a walbro gss342 pump for my denali, the walbro pump is about 1/2 inch in diameter smaller then the stock pump, I am trying to figure out what I can do to make it fit snug. I dont really want it free floating in there. Granted the fuel pump sock will help support it some at the bottom. Need some help here please..

You can download the H2 instructions on the magnacharger website. They show an inline pump for the 2003 and also show how to do the intank pump for the 2004. I believe I had to bend the sock up between the pump and the other tube next to it to get it to fit. With the sock indexed as shown in the pics from the instructions it would not seat in the assembly Once I tucked the sock up alongside it worked perfectly. I hope that helps you!

Oops.. just reread it. You have a Diameter issue and not a depth issue. Did you take the foam cover and transfer it fro the old to the new pump? That should do it for ya.

• 2 months later...

Im having the same problem here, is there an easy fix to this. The race shop that sold me the fuel pump gave me a gss307 will that make a difference. The tank is down and the fuel pump assembly is taken apart but the fuel pump is loose in there, how did everyone fix this problem? or do i have the wrong fuel pump. my truck is an 04 by the way.

Archived