New Tranny Came In.

My new JAG Performance tranny arrived last Thursday. Install is this weekend. I can't wait to see how this thing performs. If JAG's trannys are as good as their service I'm in for some neck snappin fun! Thanks Sherri and Joe. You guys are great to talk to. Can't wait to get this project started. I'll keep you all posted. Wish me luck! :D

Haven't dropped the tranny yet......guess I'll do the stall. Quit making me spend more money Ben. It's all your fault. I'll never get out of debt. :D Just kidding. I just made double what I bought my house for 6 years ago. I've got a little extra cash laying around. Now I have to think of a good excuse as to why I have to replace the torque converter to my wife. :devil:

Haven't dropped the tranny yet......guess I'll do the stall. Quit making me spend more money Ben. It's all your fault. I'll never get out of debt.  :D Just kidding. I just made double what I bought my house for 6 years ago. I've got a little extra cash laying around. Now I have to think of a good excuse as to why I have to replace the torque converter to my wife. :devil:

"Honey......we didn't know the torque converter went out too, until an analysis was done on the fluid - honestly. Better to do it now why the tranny is out and new, then have it go after I get it back in and it takes everything else with it. It's just a safety measure." :jester:

Good luck with that.

Not bad Ben. Want to talk to her for me.  :thumbs:

How is that Trailblazer converter working for everybody. How much does one cost?

Does this require any other parts to complete install. Do you recomend it Ben? I know Zippy is a TB converter converter. :lol:

Asking me about converters is not a good choice. Aside from that, it seems the TB converter is working well for everyone, and its a good bang for the buck. IE, not near as much as the Vigilantes discussed in other threads.

i agree about the tb converter in the bang for the buck. i know kurt was running one up until his last trans failure and i believe he said it was like 15k or so he put on it. if i recall big tex's most recent radix record setting pass was also done with a tb converter. i feel the converter should be done either way as it helps take some of the shock out of the system that can be caused by a hard shift. if i recall joe's transmission's shift pretty damn well so i'd not only consider it for performance, but simply a preventative measure for down the road. for the price of a tb converter, it's all worth it.

Archived