Dealers Tech2 scanner

Rays B4U

I've bought a PCMFORLESS tune and noticed when I put it in that it had a PCMFORLESS sticker on it and also my last name written in marker on it. Does the dealer take out the PCM to reflash it if you take it in for warranty or do they hook up thier Tech2 scanner some other way? I've been thinking if they take out the PCM to reflash it then I probably should remove the sticker and my name from the PCM.

I would not worry about the PCM with your name on it. there are very few waranty issuses that require a reflash. The Tech II connects in OBDI connector at the left of your steering column. So I say just :driving: !!

CD

If you take it to the dealer for a warranty problem such as a driveability issue (engine or tranny concern) they will check for up dated pcm calibrations and will reflash it. That is usually the first step. When I worked at the dealer i would check for the updates. If you have problem and need to take it in let them know it was reprogrammed, it will not affect your warranty, dont let them tell you it will.

I'm more concerned about warranty hassles with the dealer than losing my custom tune, Bryan will reflash it for $50, so that's not an issue. But if I can avoid a big hassle with the dealer by just removing the sticker and my name I think that it would be better to do that than possibly spending days or weeks fighting over warranty issues because they saw my name and Bryan's sticker on it.

Archived