Billet Grille Overlay

BenKey

The September issue of Truckin' mag has an ad for a billet grill for the SS now available from JBM Sport Truck Accessories. Their website is, JBM but it's not showing up on their website yet. Their number is 800-598-5555. It's on pg 203. Looks pretty decent.

Just in case anyone is interested.

As easy as it is to updated a website and/or the CPC on computers, it seems for autos they are usually the last to be updated. I always see things advertised in magazines only to discover the websites haven't been updated with the merchandise yet. Of course, there's always the phone! :smash:

I'm guessing it'll look something like this?

Silv03overlay.jpg

Someone needs to tell them to put a bit more effort into the pictures! :crazy:

It does look like that. They have the grills for all the openings in the front of the SS.

I put a Trenz grill in my SS however I am not aware of any place that currently makes the grills for the bottem sections of the SS. If you have a name and or a web site URL please post it.

Website is http://www.sporttruckingstore.com/StoreFront.bok. The grilles are not listed on the website but they are shown in the Truckin issue.

They list the billet overlay for $120

Bumper center billet insert for $100

Bumper side vents billet insert for $105

Jason

:D Jason, Good hot tip, thanks. I just ordered them!

Be sure and post some pics once you get a chance.

I'd be interested to see what those bottom inserts look like in the SS.

Also, are they shipping them immediately?

Be sure and post some pics once you get a chance.

I'd be interested to see what those bottom inserts look like in the SS.

Also, are they shipping them immediately?

:rolleyes: They are in southern California and said that it will take about a week. Every time I order from California it takes about 2 weeks. We will see, however I will post pictures when I am done. I am also putting on the Sidewinder retractable step. Just having fun with add-ons.

They say it will be on the website later today. I have a picture they have sent me. If anyone is capable of posting now, I'll send to you to put up, or pass me your e-mail and I will send it.

I'll post it later today, unless someone can do it for me now, I'm at work and can't do.

-Ben

I'll be honest with you guys, the finish of the grille in the company's photo looks very rough to me. Be very discriminatory on the alignment. I purchased a Carriage Works grille for my Silverado and spent most of the time eyeballing the thing, making it right. But, even at its worse, it didn't look as misaligned as the grille in the SS's photo. Look at the bottom grille and you'll see some issues.

As beautiful as the SS is, I certainly would be nearly obnoxious picky about the quality, finish, and fit of a grille such as this. Such an add-on is almost your signature.

:rolleyes: Your correct, it has issues. The person that installed the grills did not straighten out the spacing on the grill. Done correctly, I think it will look great. I just talked to them and they said that they will fix the grill and post a better picture. I told them that the SS guys are like the Vette guys (particular). So, stay tuned.

I'll be honest with you guys, the finish of the grille in the company's photo looks very rough to me. Be very discriminatory on the alignment. I purchased a Carriage Works grille for my Silverado and spent most of the time eyeballing the thing, making it right. But, even at its worse, it didn't look as misaligned as the grille in the SS's photo. Look at the bottom grille and you'll see some issues.

As beautiful as the SS is, I certainly would be nearly obnoxious picky about the quality, finish, and fit of a grille such as this. Such an add-on is almost your signature.

I've gotta agree with you on this. The upper grill has a few problems I see also. If anyone gets one installed let us know about the quality and fittment.(Please!) :cheers:

Archived