Homelink garage door transmitters

ChevelleBoy

Homelink says that although they do not sell aftermarket, the short overhead console in the Tahoe and Avalanche will fit in the Silverado and should work fine. The backlight behind the transmitter buttons will not work, but everything else should. There are two part numbers - one has GPS and one does not. 15769385 w/ GPS - $396.52, 15188414 w/o GPS - 352.58 (list price). The light grey/pewter should be a perfect match. Anyone out there already done this and have any words of wisdom? Not sure I want to pay that much, but I sure would like the feature.

Homelink says that although they do not sell aftermarket, the short overhead console in the Tahoe and Avalanche will fit in the Silverado and should work fine.  The backlight behind the transmitter buttons will not work, but everything else should.  There are two part numbers - one has GPS and one does not.  15769385 w/ GPS - $396.52, 15188414 w/o GPS - 352.58 (list price).  The light grey/pewter should be a perfect match.  Anyone out there already done this and have any words of wisdom?  Not sure I want to pay that much, but I sure would like the feature.

I can't understand why the SS doesn't have them.... $41k XM, OnStar Leather ect.. and you have to clip the damn garage door opener to the visor.... Thanks for the info I think we should see if we can get a group purchase together if anyone besides us likes the idea.

I got the info from a local dealer and they indicated there were different colors, I assume most of the standard interior colors that came on the vehicles. They verified a pewter grey was available. I saw the part on gmdirect also, but with very little info, no picture, colors listed. I'll check out the other site as well. Thanks for the responses.

Actually I looked at my friend's '02 Avalanche with pewter interier and his overhead console is identical to our SS console (even the color looks the same), it just has the homelink on it. Should be a snap. Homelink actaully emailed me and suggested looking at the Tahoe or Avalanche and said the wiring should hook up and everything will work but the backlighting on the homelink buttons.

...buy the way, the GPS is for Onstar equiped vehichles. I think the console is where they hide the GPS transmitter, so, if you have OnStar you may need the console with GPS.

Archived