Pin Strip the SS ----------------------------

shopman1

:confused: I have been thinking about how or what to do about pin striping the SS for months. The strip can not be small, it will disappear, it should be thick. That makes it hard to pin strip. Then you get into plastic, I like the HD pin strip however I would like it painted. Has anyone done any pin striping, plastic or graphics yet. Lets kick around some ideas. I may leave it alone but if something cool is presented, well, maybe then, never say never. ** THOUGHTS *** :thumbs:

Personally, I like the clean mono-schematic look. My SS had a double white pinstripe @ the dealer. I told them they had to take it off before we started negotiating, it was off the same day...amazing the serivce you get before you sign. :crazy:

Shopman,

Look at my snaps. It's pinstriped. Keep them small. Anything large will look cheap. I have the ones where there are two strips together, one being slightly larger than the other.

Personally, I like the clean mono-schematic look. My SS had a double white pinstripe @ the dealer. I told them they had to take it off before we started negotiating, it was off the same day...amazing the serivce you get before you sign. :crazy:

:withstupid:

The clean monochrome look is part of the appeal of the SS.

I am after the same treatment on my 99. I just yanked the chrome and black bodyside moldings this weekend and plan to get body color bumpers and grille.

When I buy a new (to me) car or truck, first thing to go is any dealer-installed pinstriping.

I like the clean look. But, I have entertained the idea of some type of graphic. I really think the checkered flag that is on the Monte Carlo SS would look pretty good on the truck. Don't know if I'd be risky enough to try, but I think it would look pretty good. Pinstriping wouldn't look too bad.

Supposed to be going and test drive a Monte Carlo today, but I don't think I am. It seems the wife wants a SS now. The new 2004 model is hot!

When I buy a new (to me) car or truck, first thing to go is any dealer-installed pinstriping.

Several years ago a dealership decided to add pinstripes to a truck my father purchased, after he purchased it but before he drove it off the lot. They were only supposed to clean up & detail the truck. He wasn't too pleased about that, and almost canceled the deal. :crazy: You're right, I have never seen people move so fast to correct a mistake - the pinstripes were removed pronto. :eek:

I would like a little something to "jazz" the truck up also. There are those who like the total monochrome look, and others who want something more. To each his own - let's all be happy with how we dress up our units.

My Black SS went thru the rain over the weekend - doesn't look real cool right now. I need some Zaino, I guess!

Jason,

Check out the pictures I posted under Lee's SS. I LOVE them but everyone is different. The bad news is that I know it's hard to really see what they look like from one of those photos. The good news is pinstrips are inexpensive. If in doubt, just go out and get some and put them on. If you like it, great. If not, you're only out a few bucks. If you get some just keep it simple. Nice, small, and tasteful and black. Only use the smaller stripes. The bigger ones will look like hell. Also, don't use colors unless you are doing a black vehicle. Then use white or red.

If you've never put them on before cut one section off the roll the same length of the vehicle. Start at one end and stripe the whole vehicle at one time (even over door openings etc). That way you can put them on straight. Don't rub them down until you get it right. If it goes on a little crooked the first time just lift off and reapply. Once you get it the way you want it rub them down and use a razor blade to cut the door openings etc. :thumbs:

Tim,

You can buy pinstripes at Pep Boys for $1.99. Buy them, put it on one side and see if you like them. If not, just pull it off.  :thumbs:

They have all kinds of cool stickers!!! Get some flame stickers and some outline of a girl stickers and don't for get the "type R" stickers too. :jester:

... and don't for get the "type R" stickers too. :jester:

Will that make it a- Type SSR ??? :D

I doubt it, but it will give the ricers pause. Those stickers indicate you mean business. The more the merrier.

And if they ask you where your wing is, just tell them it doesn't deploy until you reach 120 mph.

Archived