what do you guys think about this cam

would this be a good cam for my truck

comp cam

The mods that I already have on my truck are as follows

TOG headers

Magnaflow Muffler

Volant Intake (I would need this after S/C)

05 E-Fans

Custom Tune

Shift kit

New spark plug wires

Mods that I am going to install

42lb injectors

ATI procharger it is the ps1c

stall tq might go with a 2800 or 3000

NGK tr6 spark plugs

Built tranny

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a pretty common cam and will work and give pretty good gains. Personally, it's a little small. It was my first cam. Aren't you supercharging here soon?

Comp cams are fairly generic for their off-the-shelf cams. I don't mess around anymore when it comes to them. I would give Futral Motorsports a call. Allan Futral is one of the best in the LS1 world. Go to LS1tech and do a search for FMS or Futral and you'll see. There are a number of truck guys on their with his work.

Some of the best dyno runs have his work attached to them.

Just what I would do. He cost the same as Comp. May as well get someone that can specifically give something to your specification. You can call Comp's hotline and get different suggestions a day apart. Also, he can have the cam to you in no time. I had to wait 4wks once with a custom grind from Comp.

what about these other two cams

comp cams

54-424-11

54-426-11

that 54-424-11 would be a great second choice from them. you're certainly going to want to keep it on the small side so you don't run into much lag from that procharger. they can boost up quick, but to challenge it with much larger of a cam is going to soften the launch.

that cam would also work. between that cam and your procharger you'd be pulling mid 1.8 60's or so on a good tune. would probably come out around 3psi or so. it's a workable cam. of the two the first would make for the better daily driver.

Archived