Dynamated the SS tonight

SS Silv

After countless hours of ripping my truck apart, I dynmated the whole floor, door panels, and back wall. This made a huge difference with my stereo and overall road noise. Now when I slam my door shut, it sounds just like a $80,000 Mercedes. :D If anyone else is using the JL Stealbox, I suggest you dynamat at least under the sub box, the sub hits way harder now.

Uhhhh. I used dynamat. About 36 square feet plus doors. One layer. As for as how long it took me, about 1/2 day. But the last 3 hours I got a little thirsty and drank about 5 rolling rocks, so my productivity slowed down a little :crazy:

Sorry, no pics. But like I said, Dynamat is worth the time and money.

if the factory did it, itd be 3xmore cost than the best stuff, and 3x worse quality. I really wish you could build your own car like you can a computer. thatd be nice, you just go pick up the chasis and body then can add in exactly what you want instead of paying for factory parts your gunna get rid of anyways like their whole sound system/intake/exhaust/alternator/etc..

I wish the factory would put some on the roof panels!!!

When i installed homelink and visor lights, I had the headliner down and insulated the roof. Not much of a difference with exhaust noise. Wind noise was lowered but not really enough to make it worth the labor. When I did the floors and doors, the exhaust resonance was dramatically lowered and very worthwhile.

Archived