tourist info wanted

chiel

Hahaha, dont go to cali the people there are asses :D

OK, you can do the disney thing down south, which would be nice for the kid. then you can hit hollywood, universal studios, san diego zoo, etc... If you go north (san francisco) it will not be as fun for the kid. Up here you can do the cable cars, presidio tour, muir beach, alcatraz, warf, SBC park to catch a baseball game, montery, half moon beach, Castro St (visit dylan), etc...

Going to hawaii, being that i have never been to Kauai (couple people just came from there), I cant give you much details, if you need info on the other islands let me know, particularly o'ahu as thats my home.

makani

Good idea Chiel. I'm only about 45 minutes from disneyland and I have a season pass so if you would like to meet up and grab lunch let me know. Be nice to meet an SSer from out of the country. :cheers:

Good idea Chiel. I'm only about 45 minutes from disneyland and I have a season pass so if you would like to meet up and grab lunch let me know. Be nice to meet an SSer from out of the country.  :cheers:

yes dylan I will pm you when i have a date, will be end july when everything works out.

Make sure you take the helicopter tour in Hawaii if you have a chance.  It is spectacular!!!

i am not so happy with heli's after my last ride in one. it was a lot of noise and feels like a rollercoaster :nonod: but maybe witha small airplane who knows, thanks for the tip.

Yosemite is awesome, but you'll be a good 6 hours drive from LA to get there. Closer if you fly into San Jose or Sacramento instead. Not as much fun for the kid as Disneyland would be though...

Yosemite is awesome, but you'll be a good 6 hours drive from LA to get there.  Closer if you fly into San Jose or Sacramento instead.  Not as much fun for the kid as Disneyland would be though...

:withstupid: I was going to suggest that too if you were flying in to the Bay, I used to live 1-hr north of the park. Half-Dome and the falls are just spectacular. And blasting through the park in a capable car is a treat, too. :driving: If you (or anyone else) does go to the park, plan on lots of traffic, Yosemite is one of the busiest national parks, if not *the* busiest. And you will not find any camping spots open for hours around, they book-up months in advance.

Mr. P. :)

Yosemite is awesome, but you'll be a good 6 hours drive from LA to get there.  Closer if you fly into San Jose or Sacramento instead.  Not as much fun for the kid as Disneyland would be though...

:withstupid: I was going to suggest that too if you were flying in to the Bay, I used to live 1-hr north of the park. Half-Dome and the falls are just spectacular. And blasting through the park in a capable car is a treat, too. :driving: If you (or anyone else) does go to the park, plan on lots of traffic, Yosemite is one of the busiest national parks, if not *the* busiest. And you will not find any camping spots open for hours around, they book-up months in advance.

An hour north, huh? Did you live in the Oakdale area?

I grew up 2 hours south of the park, just south of Fresno. Wish I had taken advantage of the sierras more often while I was out there. :(

I grew up 2 hours south of the park, just south of Fresno. Wish I had taken advantage of the sierras more often while I was out there. :(

Yeah I tromped all over the Sierras in Tuolumne, Calaveras, and Amador counties, pretty much all up and down hwy 49, and still did not get to see it all. At 17 I moved to Escalon, spent my teen years terrorizing McHenry Ave until the city of Modesto invented that totally gay Gafitti Night fiasco :tear: Then moved between Sonora and Angel's Camp (lived 1-mile from Mark Twain's cabin) and lived there for about 10 more years. And my parents lived in Turlock until just a few years ago, so I was in and out of the valley weekly, as well as campaigning low-buck enduro cars all over the vally (a total blast, I miss it). My best friends still living in Calaveras county, I have a sister in Sac, more family in Sonora so I still have many ties there and come to Cali at least three times a year, sometimes driving it as I have lots of family and friends all over the southwest. But as much as I miss it all, I am so glad I live in Texas.

So what brought you to DC?

Yeah I tromped all over the Sierras in Tuolumne, Calaveras, and Amador counties, pretty much all up and down hwy 49, and still did not get to see it all. At 17 I moved to Escalon, spent my teen years terrorizing McHenry Ave until the city of Modesto invented that totally gay Gafitti Night fiasco :tear: Then moved between Sonora and Angel's Camp (lived 1-mile from Mark Twain's cabin) and lived there for about 10 more years. And my parents lived in Turlock until just a few years ago, so I was in and out of the valley weekly, as well as campaigning low-buck enduro cars all over the vally (a total blast, I miss it). My best friends still living in Calaveras county, I have a sister in Sac, more family in Sonora so I still have many ties there and come to Cali at least three times a year, sometimes driving it as I have lots of family and friends all over the southwest. But as much as I miss it all, I am so glad I live in Texas.

So what brought you to DC?

Awesome areas you lived in and tromped around in :cool: I went to UC Davis (10 minutes west of Sac) and used to drive up through Sonora every weekend in the winter on the way up to Kirkwood. :cool:

I'm out here (temporarily?) because when I graduated a couple of years ago it was much easier to find a job in the government contracting industry here than anything out in CA... :sigh:

damn justin, my wife works for Accenture and is doing some gov work now, she has some pull, could have hooked you up

I only got into gov. because I had a friend out here doing it already...

I know and work with a lot of ebay employees, so once I get to the point where I can't stand it here another minute (soon :lol: ) I'll probably be able to get a job there without much of a problem :cool:

What else does Accenture do?

Archived