AWD

scar

I am currently an Avalance driver, I love it. The thing rocks off road, espcially in the sand. I tow a jetski trailer around the beach, and am wondering if the "SS" is worthy off road. Any of ya'll ever drive yer fancy trucks off road? How do they do? I want to buy an SS, but not if it isn't worthy in the dirt!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I will be the first to admit I have had mine in the dirt. I figured i'd give it a shot I really wanted to see if the tires would break lose but it pretty much just hooked and went. I'm not sure how well it would do on beach sand but i'd have to say probably about the same as the Avy. since the SS has wider tires.

I am currently an Avalance driver, I love it.  The thing rocks off road, espcially in the sand.  I tow a jetski trailer around the beach, and am wondering if the "SS" is worthy off road.  Any of ya'll ever drive yer fancy trucks off road?  How do they do?  I want to buy an SS, but not if it isn't worthy in the dirt!

BTW there is a section for this post and this isn't it :nono:

I take mine off road a bit ... no complaints here ... I by no means OFF ROAD it baja style or anything ... but I hit the dirt roads ... tow the boat to the lake ... go play in the fields ... nothing too hard care but not because it is a Fancy Pick up ... just because I hate cleaning it up afterwards.

Kodak001.jpg

I have an Over Sand permit for Assateague Island in Maryland. I hunt fish and go to the beach in my SS and never have had a bit of problems. I do recommend a thourough underbody wash after. It's real simple stock tires deflated to 25psi and roll.

HAHAHAHA.... i got mine to sit still spinning ALL four wheels tryin to pull a car out of the mud.... the 23's just dont have the tread for that.... I thought it was quite hilarious... :wtf:

4-wheel drift/spin/burnout.... hahaha

I imagine with more agressive tires than my 23's it would do ok :dunno:

The several times that mine has been off pavement, pulling a boat out of the water on a sand ramp, diving on the beach, and pulling a 4x4 ford out of a ditch, the AWD worked like a champ. Yes better then the old 4x4s. :driving:

I take my SS on the dirt roads in the mountains, but I don't know if that qualifies as "off roading". The ground clearance is better than I thought, and it makes it along the bumpy roads just fine. I would not want to take it on anything more, don't want to be scratching the paint on bushes or caving in the muffler on a rock.

HPIM1434.jpg

HPIM0476.jpg

Archived