AWD

scar

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take mine off road  a bit ... no complaints here ... I by no means OFF ROAD it baja style or anything ... but I hit the dirt roads ... tow the boat to the lake ... go play in the fields ... nothing too hard care but not because it is a Fancy Pick up ... just because I hate cleaning it up afterwards.

Kodak001.jpg

I offroad my SS all the time. :pop: Sometimes pulling a trailer but most of the time with a quad in the back. It does as good in the mud and dirt as my 4x4 2500HD so dont be worried at all

I've had my C3 all the way back in the dunes at Pismo Beach, Calif. you should see the look on people's faces. The AWD system in these trucks are far superior to the 4wd systems. Been in snow that was every bit of 18" deep too, the only problem is if your not careful you will use the front end as a plow.

Larry/c three :thumbs:

My buddy (2005 GMC Denali 4 door) and I rip hole shots in the back of a friends yard once in a while...both vehicles hold up well against the wet sod :devil: . We were attending an ICE drag in Michigan this winter and after all the modified vehicles went through someone was driving my buddies truck ...taking the short cut from the bathroom and launched down the track. It would have easily destroyed 99% of the vehicles in attendance. We attend Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan every summer and my buddies want me to take my SS on the dunes, but I like the looks of my front bumper and it would be toast after the first whoop.

-as a side note I used to live south of Detroit where they are building the new Mustangs. The engineers would beat on them around town and entering the highway. Never had the chance to go up against them because if I was behind the them they never seemed to want to drive fast, but driving around in my work van you would think there are drag lights entering the expressway. Funny.

Dennis

I am currently an Avalance driver, I love it.  The thing rocks off road, espcially in the sand.  I tow a jetski trailer around the beach, and am wondering if the "SS" is worthy off road.  Any of ya'll ever drive yer fancy trucks off road?  How do they do?  I want to buy an SS, but not if it isn't worthy in the dirt!

Archived