Slight Ticking in engine??

was sitting at idle waiting for some one and I heard this faint tick that was in rythem with the engine RPM. I have not dove into it yet, but sounded kinda like a marble being dropped on metal. but not very loud, :cry:

What Can i do to check for valve clearance. I have no internal engine work done!

Mods are below!

was sitting at idle waiting for some one and I heard this faint tick that was in rythem with the engine RPM.  I have not dove into it yet, but sounded kinda like a marble being dropped on metal. but not very loud,  :cry:

What Can i do to check for valve clearance.  I have no internal engine work done!

Mods are below!

Valves would not be your issue.

You may want to check your oil level. You could also have a minor exhaust leak. Was it hot or cold?

Engine is hot,, and yes,, It sounded like it was coming lower in the truck than the engine, like down by the cats?

Ill check oil level at lunch! I guess it could be low, Does having the mods I do cause the engine to burn through more oil than normal?

Joe

Hey 6.0ss if you think it sounds like it is coming from the cats, let the truck idle stick your head under the drivers side and listen for it. When i worked at the Chevy dealer i had this complaint many times, i found that the O2 sensors would start rattling and it was usually the one after the cat on the drivers side. :thumbs:

Archived