Flowmaster 50 series upgrade owners

All of you who have put a 50 series flowmaster on you ss would you be able to make some sound clips of how it sounds from the inside at crusin speeds and wide open throttle and also from the out side and post it for those who are looking to upgrade to the flowmater and wants to see what is sounds like before they get it donw.

I just got rid of my 50's in favor of 40's... I can get you a sound clip of those if it'll be helpful.

Important thing to consider:

Are you going w/ a single muffler in the place of stock or are you going to swap for 2 independent single-in single-out mufflers? Theres is a drastic difference even though its the same mufflers.

Also, flowmasters do make ALOT of resonance (I know first hand :crazy: ) so unless you like it loud inside your truck you might want to consider something else... personally I like it... keeps me from having to talk to the wife :jester:

BIG difference... 2 independents has a completely different sound than a single dual in/out muffler. I'm running 2 independent b/c I personally like that setup better... but as its been explained alot before:

exhaust note is a personal preference... what sounds good to me may not sound good to you.

Before I went the Turbo route, I had the cat-back setup from Flowmaster for my Denali. It came with a resonator and a 50-series after that. It was very deep and rumbly. Sounded awesome! And very very little droning inside the cabin because of the resonator. The resonator did not take away any of the sound either. Perfect combination in my opinion. And I would never go with a 50 without the resonator. Call Flowmaster and talk with them, they were spot on with my setup. :)

I went with the 70 series dual in dual out and stock pipe and tip ,not loud in cab at all but a good low rumble.I was worried about the cab resonance,but was suprized how quiet it is.No need for X pipe with this set up either.Shop cut the muffler to stock pipe size so it didnt choke down going in or out .Volant arrived last night so ill be busy after work :D

how different is the sound resonance in the cab from the 50 to 70 series flowmaster. I just has the flowmaster 50 series put on and I am thinking of changing it to the 70 series because of the sound in the cab. how noticable is the difference between them for the interior noise and the exterior noise. I have adual setup with escalade tips.

Archived