superchargers

Will the superchargers fit under the stock hood. also will it fit under the keystone ram air hood. I am looking to bolt a supercharger on and I do not know if I wnat to leave the stock hood on or put a keystone ram air hood on. What is the best supercharger and what other components should be replace to make it run properly. I only want to run between 4-5 lbs of boost.

did you have to do any internal engine upgrades as well?  What kind of hp are you putting out with it.

Read around the threads with Radix as subjects. They should tell you enough. You could also look for threads on Procharger (D1SC, P1SC), or Vortec. The better kits come with everything that needs to replaced. None of them require any internal engine upgrades.

I just bought a ATI Procharger and I will be putting it on next week

One thing with the procharger is that to really make it run you will need to add stuff to the kit but I believe that it has the most potential of any supercharger.

But if you just want an s/c that is complete ready to go out of the box get something like a radix. But they can not be pushed as fare and also if you plan on building a bigger motor like a 408 the radix does not work as good.

I can tell you for a fact that a prochager will give you the most power out of any supercharger there is the only thing that could be better is a turbo.

I have no plans to build a bigger motor. I want to keep the motor the way it is without changing and internal components. I am just looking to bolt on a complete supercharger kit that will have all I need. Buy one kit, bolt on and go. I want to get my hp around 450-500. Would you say that the radix system is going to be the best to get me there with all i am looking to do.

you might see about 450hp with a pulley swap

if you want to buy one kit, bolt on and go then get the Radix

you are going to pay about $5000 for the kit. and that is if you install it yourself

I was going to get the Radix at first but i decided that i want to push things farther then the radix could go.

If you don't mind the price of the radix go for it. but for me it was more then i wanted to spend and then not have the potential that i wanted.

I think that you will be the most happy with the radix for what you are going to use it for

:withstupid: Radix kit + smaller pulley + catback + CAI + PCM tune + shift kit + TB convertor. Severe duty tranny bands/clutches maybe depending on your driving habits. '04 and later truck will require fuel pump voltage booster. Everything here has been discussed on the forum within the last two weeks.

Mr. P. :)

edit: what the hell, throw in a 160-degree thermostat too.

STS makes a very good kit that is easy to install, and even easier to take off if need be, and it will give you balls to the wall power with room to grow!! :thumbs:

Archived