FS: New 03' SS Onyx Black

Luke

The local Chevy dealer in my home town has a brand new 03' SS (onyx black) on the lot. It's been there for two years and has about 200 miles on it. It's never been titled so that's why I say it's new (and the fact that it only has 200 miles on the odometer!) When I inquired this past February he was asking $30K and would not accept a trade. It was still there at lunch today, but it has been moved a few times here recently. Just thought I'd pass that along.

03' SS

No XM

Silver wheels

Onstar (maybe?)

Contact info:

SE Wyoming

River Street Motors (307) 326 5605

ask for Randy and tell how you heard about it

BTW I hope I'm not breaking any rules on this forum. I just know the guy. It's a small town and I'm trying to help him out.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick update. The price has been reduced to $27,000.

Contact info:

SE Wyoming (Saratoga)

River Street Motors (307) 326 5605

ask for Randy (mention me and SilveradoSS.com)

The price is a little too high, especially with the truck not being a fully-equipped one. Dont forget we are officially in the '06 model year, so that 03 is going to lose a lot more value in the months to come.

If it had fewer miles it might might come closer to bringing his asking price. It may have never been titled, but it is still technically a used truck.

Lots of ppl would just go for that brand new 2005 2wd for that price before buying an 03 at 27.

He needs to lower his bottom line, and reduce or eliminate dealer markup.

If he wants to sell it, he will put it on sale for less than his current price, and not mark it up.

Another option is for him to add a supercharger to it and some other performance mods-those 3 yr old tires are bound to have some flat spots.

Otherwise, I suggest he try to sell it on Ebay...

I agree totally. I just don't want there to be another black SS in town! :driving:

I was looking at buying this truck, but I had some of the same concerns (3 year old tires, sun damage, seals, etc). If you are really interested you may be able to talk him down a bit. I used to work across the street from the dealership and felt like a turd after buying my 05' from another dealer.

This is diesel/Workhorse/mudder territory so I don't think he will be selling it anytime soon. The millage is actually closer to 100.

I agree totally.  I just don't want there to be another black SS in town!  :driving:

I was looking at buying this truck, but I had some of the same concerns (3 year old tires, sun damage, seals, etc).  If you are really interested you may be able to talk him down a bit. I used to work across the street from the dealership and felt like a turd after buying my 05' from another dealer.

This is diesel/Workhorse/mudder territory so I don't think he will be selling it anytime soon.  The millage is actually closer to 100.

hello Luke how does the truck look ? do you think I will have problems with seals on the ss also the tires.Would the warranty still be good especially since the ss has never been titled, so the warranty would start on the purchase date.

Its still a used truck, my logic being that according the NADA/KBB a rating of 'excellent' condition will not be attributable to this truck, because it has sat outside for most of the last three years.

Im getting high msrp at $28.7k, private party retail at $24.8k, and trade-in at $22.6k. So, if you could steal it from him using the GM discounts, after paying the tax say for about 22. Which for a sub200 mile truck, I would say is almost tempting. But 21 otd would do it for me...I cant understand why this dealer is sitting on it like he is.

You guys are crazy ...

high msrp at $28.7k
that isn't even possible ... the truck doesn't classify as used ... and I guarantee you classified your truck as EXCELLENT when you book your truck out ... come on ... On one hand you are busting his balls over 200 miles and the other hand you are busting his balls over sitting outside and flat tires ... wow

I would have no problem purchasing this truck ... but I would use all kinds of excuses to get the truck as cheap as possible ... especially being mudderville USA and trying to sell a sport truck.

Party on :cheers:

You guys are crazy ...
high msrp at $28.7k
that isn't even possible ... the truck doesn't classify as used ... and I guarantee you classified your truck as EXCELLENT when you book your truck out ... come on ... On one hand you are busting his balls over 200 miles and the other hand you are busting his balls over sitting outside and flat tires ... wow

I would have no problem purchasing this truck ... but I would use all kinds of excuses to get the truck as cheap as possible ... especially being mudderville USA and trying to sell a sport truck.

Party on :cheers:

I still say it should go for 21 otd, if GM is really serious about that emp. discount.

KBB.com quoted me the 28.7 high msrp when I posted, while 21 is the most _I_ as a dealer would pay for it, but KBB values can be different in other market areas. The reason for the high msrp is that no provision for stating vehicle condition was included. But in general, no dealer will ever price a car he is buying using 'excellent' re: KBB. It just doesn't happen. This dealer probably got it from another dealer and priced it too high to begin with. I imagine he got ripped off on the price a little and decided to sit on it until he finds the right butt who will pay full retail for a 3 year old truck.

I really didnt mean to bust anyone's balls. Just didnt want anyone to get ripped off when there are such good deals around if you look for them...

Something else we havent talked about here:

What happens when the truck is sold and the warranty expires after 4 to 6 months?

That dealer must be loosing there ass on that, they have to sell it way below cost, plus GM charges the dealer every month for a vehicle after it has been sitting on lot for a couple of months. The dealer may have bought it from GM, because GMwont let it sit on a lot that long.

The Big Daddy Don Garlets auto meusem in Ocala Fl. has a VW Carmen Ghia (early 70's) that is considered new, it has never been titled or driven on the street. The dealer were it was went bankrupt and the bank sized it and it eventually ended up at the meusem. It's pretty cool and looks new.

That dealer must be loosing there ass on that, they have to sell it way below cost, plus GM charges the dealer every month for a vehicle after it has been sitting on lot for a couple of months. The dealer may have bought it from GM, because GMwont let it sit on a lot that long.

Factory Warranty starts as soon as the truck is delivered.

Factory Warranty starts as soon as the truck is delivered.

Yea the warranty starts as soon as its titled.

This truck IS in "Excellent" condition and has been well taken care of by the dealer (Randy). I can't confirm nor deny the issue with the tires or seals. I do know it is moved from one parking spot to another on a regular basis (monthly).

This dealership has been in the valley for over 40 years. He sells a ton of ranch/diesel/work trucks. When I inquired about the truck he made it very clear that he was taking a big hit on it. It's not going to break the bank if he doesn't sell the SS. He may of in fact bought it from GM. Randy loved the SS's when it came out and knew he was taking a risk trying to sell it in a ranching community. I believe that allocation of SS's is based on dealer sales. Randy originally took delivery of this SS (not from another dealer).

tawss04 is right, the warranty starts when the vehicle is titled. Employee pricing does not apply to this truck.

Archived