Turbo Leaks Oil..

Well the turbo came out after checking everything else it came down to bad seals on the turbo. Kinda pisses me off having a new turbo leak like a sieve. But the oil just pours into the exhaust section and out the tail pipe. Heck the muffler had 1/2 a quart in it...

I'm bringing it into a local turbo shop in the morning.. It has been frustrating, to say the least.. :ughdance:

Well the turbo came out after checking everything else it came down to bad seals on the turbo.  Kinda pisses me off having a new turbo leak like a sieve.  But the oil just pours into the exhaust section and out the tail pipe.  Heck the muffler had 1/2 a quart in it...

I'm bringing it into a local turbo shop in the morning.. It has been frustrating, to say the least.. :ughdance:

That sounds like what happened to mine. But it ended up being the oil return had blown a fuse from the Dyno operator accidently bending a piece of metal down when leaning on the engine covers. Oil blew out everywhere when I was heading down the street! But the fix was bending the metal back that was touching and putting in a new fuse. No problems since...

I've got a -4 supply and a -10 return with a pump. The pump was pulling oil out of the bucket I setup faster than it was draining from the turbo. I poured a 1/2 qt in to a bucket and stuck the drain line in it and started it up. So there was no restriction on the drain line and the pump was out pacing the amount of oil coming out of the drain. So I restricted the oil flow down to a 36 jet, which reduced the flow to a point that you wouldn't want to leave long term. But it had no effect on the oil getting into the exhaust section.

It's a custom set up...

Remote Mount

GT42 Garrett

Should have the turbo back Monday or Tuesday...

Archived