2005 SSS

brewz

Well I'm back being an SSS owner again; it’s been a long, boring 5 weeks. Let me start by telling you a story. I currently drive approximately 100 miles a day, from home to work, school, and then back home again, and as we all know the gas prices are going through the roof. I have been spending about 75.0 bucks a week in gas, so as the prices risen so did my curiosity on purchasing a Chevrolet Colorado. The Chevrolet dealership that I always do business with has given me a great deal on trading in my ‘04 SSS and the purchase price on a new 05 Colorado, but it had to have certain options, like sunroof, leather and so on, they have located on in NC, about an hour from our location. Well after a week or so of driving the Colorado did not like it, don’t get me wrong, it’s a good truck for the money, but after driving a SSS for over a year I got spoiled. On my way home on some days I would drive by the Chevrolet dealership and see my baby on the used lot and feel the tears welt up in my eyes. So a month went by and my curiosity was getting me again, I called my friend at the dealership and asked him how bad would I loose my a$$ if I went back to my SSS, so long story short he told me it was my lucky day, because a day before they have just received a new ’05 SSS, :D the only color black, sunroof, chrome wheels, the works! Sticker 44,000.00. Needless to say with my discount (GM S Plan) and rebates, got it down to 34,000.00. It was a deal, they even going to spray my bed (Vortex) and to top it off they gave me back what I bought the Colorado for. So now I drive by the dealership and see two of my previous owned vehicles, and happy as hell driving my new ’05 SSS. I have learned an expensive lesson, get a part time job to pay for the gas! :banghead:

Colorado1.jpg

05SSS_1.jpg

05SSS_2.jpg

05SSS_3.jpg

Very nice :thumbs: Was the colorado even that much better on gas? Which model did you get? my friend has a colorado and hes getting better than I am in mpg's but not a whole lot like one would think

Very nice :thumbs: Was the colorado even that much better on gas?  Which model did you get?  my friend has a colorado and hes getting better than I am in mpg's but not a whole lot like one would think

the milege was great, once a week at the pumps, reg gas. It was the Z71 4wheel drive, crew cab, the first picture.

WOW!  that SS looks sweet, super black!  Did you put the white pin strip on?  I noticed there was one on the Colorado too.

no, that pin stripe was dealer installed. yes, same one on the colorado, dont know if i should leave it on th SSS or take it off. :dunno:

Brewz, did you buy that SSS from Hall Chevy in Chesapeake? If you did, then that was the one I almost bought from them (after they finally had it delivered!) and I test drove your '04 since they didn't have it on the lot at the time I came to look at it! I'm green with envy that you beat me to having the first black '05 in the Hampton Roads area!!! :D It's ok though, cuz mine won't have antennae or pinstripes :jester: That's one sharp looking truck though!!!! :thumbs: I got to take a look at it the day they got it in (when it still had all the plastic on!) Congrats!!

:D

Brewz, did you buy that SSS from Hall Chevy in Chesapeake? If you did, then that was the one I almost bought from them (after they finally had it delivered!) and I test drove your '04 since they didn't have it on the lot at the time I came to look at it! I'm green with envy that you beat me to having the first black '05 in the Hampton Roads area!!! :D  It's ok though, cuz mine won't have antennae or pinstripes  :jester: That's one sharp looking truck though!!!! :thumbs: I got to take a look at it the day they got it in (when it still had all the plastic on!) Congrats!!

Yep, hall chevy has been nothing but good to me, even baught the 04 from there, they had to get it from the Newport News area. Thanks for not purchasing it :D , they now have the colorado on the lot next to my other baby.

Archived