Hours????

gibby22

Last week when I changed oil, mine had 24.5 hours with 902.5 miles which works out to an average of 36.8 mph. And with 13.3 mpg to boot!

Over the 18 months of my Z71 ownership, the lifetime mph average was right around 45 mph, looks like I need to do some more long highway trips! :)

This reminds me of something my dealer told me when I bought. I had more hours than the miles accounted for and the dealer told me that my truck was a '"test truck", which he indicated was a good thing. He said GM routinely pulls one truck out every so often to put through extra testing and said that the hour meter on mine indicated that. He acted impressed and thought I should be. Anyone heard of such?

This reminds me of something my dealer told me when I bought.  I had more hours than the miles accounted for and the dealer told me that my truck was a '"test truck", which he indicated was a good thing.  He said GM routinely pulls one truck out every so often to put through extra testing and said that the hour meter on mine indicated that.  He acted impressed and thought I should be.  Anyone heard of such?

ChevelleBoy,

I have heard of this, from what I understand it is like quality control :D They pull one out test and check everything to make sure all is OK. Probably a good thing for you, my aren't you special a personally GM inspected and tested SS :jester:

I didn't get the "test truck" explanation, but my truck had 8.5 hours on it when I picked it up (and only 60 miles)?!?

The salesman said he put about 1.5 hours on it activating my onstar and XM though.

-Patrick

Archived