Body roll

r8rs4lf

dont they sell different lenghts of endlinks at autozone? for the ricers who have dropped thier cars???I have seen them, they come with poly bushings...they will just have to be 2" shorter?

just a thought

what about solid v. hollow?

there were some serious 96ImpalaSS sway bars that were solid?  Would the solid be better, even if it is smaller????

now I want sway bars :D

The front end links are nothing more than getting shorter bolts and spacer tubes. You can get the shorter end links at the zone for sure. The rear will be different.

569946_38_full.jpg

The 2 links in the upper rt corner of the pic are alittle more difficult to get. These you will have to get from Hotchkis. You could also make them from rod end bearngs and threaded unions if you are the creative type. :D

quickmedic1

I looked at your site and noticed you had to drop the gas tank to do the rear. I had to do that to fix my drop and it was a bitch!!!! Maybe because the tank wasn't empty.  :banghead: 

I know you said it was overpriced, but did it make a significant difference and would you buy it all over again?

Late-  Alex

I'd get in on the group purchase if they did a package for lowered trucks.

I remember from my Camaro days the solid sway bars were a weight issue and many of us went to hollow bars to save the pounds in the front so the weight would transfer better to the back wheels at launch time. :driving:

If a solid bar and a hollow one of the SAME diameter were compared, the solid one would be the stiffer bar.

If you can get a hollow bar in a larger diameter, the bar could offer all the stiffness of the solid without the weight. (the wall thickness is the key with hollow bars)

These issues are more a concern for those looking to shed every ounce of excess weight from their vehicle. In the real world the weight difference isn't that dramatic.

Using R8rs4lf's comparison, the Hellwig solid bar in the rear would be the better choice for improving cornering because it's a larger diameter and solid core.

The front bars are probably evenly matched but I'd need to know the wall thickness on the Hotchkis to be certain.

EDIT: Sorry... one other point to add...it's usually best to stick with a matched set from the same manufacturer.

Archived