MPG Update -- 408, dual gss340s, 60#

My last tank netter 7.6 mpg :cry::tear: . Keep in mind that this counts the tuning runs on Sunday (10-12 WOT runs) and numerous 'just because' WOT runs.

It's still better than the first few tanks of 5.5 :crackup:

If I can keep my foot out of the pedal a little, I might get back up to 10-12, but the way I have the dual pumps set up, and with this turbo, cam, and converter combo, anytime I hit 40% tps or so, I'm into dual pump action (4psi hobbs switch on pump two). Maybe I can start unplugging the trigger on the relay unless I'm in high boost mode...

Ok, if you have had time to go through three tanks of fuel in this sucker than you are way over due for getting us all some numbers at the track.

That is worse than the Hummers gas mileage :crackup:

You are making a lot of tree huggers happy right now :thumbs:

Ok, if you have had time to go through three tanks of fuel in this sucker than you are way over due for getting us all some numbers at the track.

That is worse than the Hummers gas mileage :crackup:

You are making a lot of tree huggers happy right now :thumbs:

sure he is, but the Middle East is loving his @ss lol :crackup:

Kepp pushing on the peddle and :driving::devil: Sounds like fun...wish I had a 408 :thumbs:

408....sweet

Hemi.... :yellow_loser:

Can you trigger off the MAF rather than TPS? Instead of 'after I put my foot down 40%' something like 'after the engine needs X-amount of air..."

Mr. P. :)

Edit - I just answered my own question - you're running a SD tune, that's why your mileage is in the toilet. Put the MAF back in.

Can you trigger off the MAF rather than TPS?  Instead of 'after I put my foot down 40%' something like 'after the engine needs X-amount of air..."

Yeah it's actually a 4psi hobbes switch -- it's just that I make 4psi anytime I'm at 40% tps or more :)

I don't have a MAF anymore

hey erik ill race yah!!!! for a few 1/4 miles tho, i figure by the time you hit 7 miles youll be outa gas....but be very in the leadi :confused: so lets enduro race ill bring a yugo well see how wins lets say 200 miles? winner gets your ss :D

hey erik ill race yah!!!! for a few 1/4 miles tho, i figure by the time you hit 7 miles youll be outa gas....but be very in the leadi :confused:  so lets enduro race ill bring a yugo well see how wins lets say 200 miles? winner gets your ss :D

hey erik ill race yah!!!! for a few 1/4 miles tho, i figure by the time you hit 7 miles youll be outa gas....but be very in the leadi :confused:  so lets enduro race ill bring a yugo well see how wins lets say 200 miles? winner gets your ss :D

Well since I get 176 on a tank... :)

He'd be so far ahead he would have time to fill up and still beat ya by a good 1/2 hour :crackup:

• 2 weeks later...
It's better with the MS gone -- I sat at idle for over an hour on the last tank (in addition to same driving style as before) and got 8.2mpg :)

:cool: The headers will be a nice addition. You know what you should do, instead of primarily searching for more power now is to see what you can do to get mileage up to 10mpg without loosing rwtq/rwhp...

Archived