Trailer Brake Wiring Harness

creaker

Anyone else received this in the mail?

June, 2003

Dear Chevrolet Customer,

As the owner of a Chevrolet 2003 model year full size truck, your satisfaction with our product is of utmost concern to us.

If you have a trailer equipped with electric trailer brakes, and use a trailer brake wiring harness from a prior model year, we would like to make you aware that the following conditions will occur:

1. When your vehicle headlamps or park lamps are turned OFF:

- Your electric trailer brakes may not apply when the vehicle brakes are applied.

2. When your vehicle headlights or park lamps are turned ON:

- Your electric trailer brakes will apply without your vehicle brakes being applied.

Trailer brake wiring harnesses from prior model years are not compatible with your 2003 model year vehicle because the electrical systems are different.

To purchase a new harness for your 2003 model year vehicle, contact your local Chevrolet dealer and order GM part number 15085418.

Your satisfaction with your Chevrolet vehicle is very important to us and we are sending you this information to ensure that your ownership experience is a pleasurable one.  Please keep this letter with your vehicle owners manual for future reference.

Chevrolet

General Motors Corporation

June, 2003

Dear Chevrolet Customer,

As the owner of a Chevrolet 2003 model year full size truck, your satisfaction with our product is of utmost concern to us.

If you have a trailer equipped with electric trailer brakes, and use a trailer brake wiring harness from a prior model year, we would like to make you aware that the following conditions will occur:

1. When your vehicle headlamps or park lamps are turned OFF:

- Your electric trailer brakes may not apply when the vehicle brakes are applied.

2. When your vehicle headlights or park lamps are turned ON:

- Your electric trailer brakes will apply without your vehicle brakes being applied.

Trailer brake wiring harnesses from prior model years are not compatible with your 2003 model year vehicle because the electrical systems are different.

To purchase a new harness for your 2003 model year vehicle, contact your local Chevrolet dealer and order GM part number 15085418.

Your satisfaction with your Chevrolet vehicle is very important to us and we are sending you this information to ensure that your ownership experience is a pleasurable one.  Please keep this letter with your vehicle owners manual for future reference.

Chevrolet

General Motors Corporation

Duh? This notice was in my delivery package with my owners manual and my salesman asked me to read it during the delivery process.

Got my letter today. If those cheap-skate bo-zo's really cared, they would have included the one that works with the truck like they did in years past. Instead of a stinkin' letter expressing their "utmost concern" they should have said oops and shipped us each the right wiring harness.

...there, I feel better now...

Archived