Hey Y'all

KeithW62

I am new to this forum, and I just had a couple of questions for anyone that would like to anwser them. I am seriously considering getting an SS, but before I go and do it I would just like your opinion on your trucks so far. Have any of you had a bad experience with your truck yet, as far as something breaking, or otherwise not working properly? Also, I know this is a dumb question but are they easly modified for more power, and can the AWD driveline handle the extra power? That is all the questions for now, if I think of anymore I'll be back. :chevy:

I am new to this forum, and I just had a couple of questions for anyone that would like to anwser them.  I am seriously considering getting an SS, but before I go and do it I would just like your opinion on your trucks so far.  Have any of you had a bad experience with your truck yet, as far as something breaking, or otherwise not working properly?  Also, I know this is a dumb question but are they easly modified for more power, and can the AWD driveline handle the extra power?  That is all the questions for now, if I think of anymore I'll be back. :chevy:

Only one mod so far. So far, so good with the drivetrain handling it.

HPIM0328.jpg

Only one mod so far. So far, so good with the drivetrain handling it.

well put! :thumbs:

Speed can be had with money. More money = more speed. The truck will respond to the usual bolt on stuff with the usual results.

IMHO dcairns has one of the best upgrades out there. the only one better I have seen is the 427 swap, but that is MAJOR work for your attached garage :D

My Uncle has the same trany in his blown truck with over 60,000 miles and no problems.

I have 2000 miles on my SS. The only problem I have is with the high beam indicator. It is VERY bright. My dealer said there was a fix, but when they tried it, their computer would not hook up to GM's over the internet to get the upgrade for the Insterment Cluster Computer in my truck. We will try again when they get their problems sorted out.

The truck is not a rocket (unless the road is wet), but It handels very well. When you push, it just drifts sideways. Let off the gas and things easly come back.

It is quiet inside, looks great outside and performs great for a 5300lb truck!

I LOVE my SS

I am seriously considering getting an SS, but before I go and do it I would just like your opinion on your trucks so far.  Have any of you had a bad experience with your truck yet, as far as something breaking, or otherwise not working properly?

Welcome Keith :cheers:

Best damn truck I've ever owned. :thumbs:

Over 2500 miles and not a single problem. :cool:

:seeya: Welcome Keith! The only problem I've had with the SS is holding on to my money. :lol: Got a few more appearance mod's in the work's and I'll be all done.I'm totally happy with my SS! :cheers:

Keith, welcome to the site. This truck is the best I have ever driven, ridden in, or owned. Bar none! I have ridden in just about everything, including the lightning. Doesn't come close. And, I don't need to borrow someone else's truck to tow anything heavy. A little lite on the power side for having a "SS" attached to it, but nothing a few mods couldn't fix. Overall though, in versatility, there is NO equal.

-Ben

Keith,

Best truck I have been in. The mods just help! :D

Mods to date:

K&N FIPK

Granatelli Mass Air Sensor (cold air cal)

160 Thermo

Red Line water wetter

Synthetic oil all around

ASM Headders

High flow cats

Custom stainless dual exhaust ( 2 flowmaster 40 series delta flow) side exit

Electric fans

Underdrive crank pully

Weight reductions (for the track...no tailgate, little gas, no wiper fluid, no spare, no jack)

Computer reprogram soon

No problems yet :thumbs:

You gotta keep me posted on this spending your money thing. Hell, you might find something that I missed and I'd want one too. Stick close, buddy.  :D

Hey Lee, I'll help you spend your money! :D I'm not really doing anything special.Tonneau cover,bed rug and having it lowered down. (I can leave anything alone) I am putting some color in the interior! This stuff takes time and I hate waiting !!! Still got plenty of cold BEER waiting up here! :lol::cheers:

Archived