Question for those with Craig's hockey stripes...

Just got a set of silver hockey stripes for my SS from CraigW. How did those of you who have them install them? I have no experience installing a decal of this size, though I have seen it done. My instincts are to do the following:

1. Trim excess from around decals as closely as possible.

2. Wash area with dawn.

3. Roughly place decals in approximate final position.

4. Spray area liberally with water/dawn mix.

5. Slide decal into final position.

6. Smooth with small squeegee.

Am I missing anything? Anyone have a better plan?

Matt,

It sounds like you have it pretty well down. You should not have to do much in the way of trimming.

If you want to come by this way sometime, I will install them for you. I have ben doing graphics and striping for 15 years, and have been doing a lot of new Mustangs lately.

...If you want to come by this way sometime, I will install them for you. I have ben doing graphics and striping for 15 years, and have been doing a lot of new Mustangs lately.

Thanks for the offer, Brian. If I chicken out, I will take you up on the offer. I think I may be up that way next weekend, but I am not sure yet.

...If you want to come by this way sometime, I will install them for you. I have ben doing graphics and striping for 15 years, and have been doing a lot of new Mustangs lately.

Thanks for the offer, Brian. If I chicken out, I will take you up on the offer. I think I may be up that way next weekend, but I am not sure yet.

If you still have my number give me a call a couple days before and we can make arrangements.

Thanks Brian

Yes there should be very little trimming and that really only the bottom where the fender roll under by the bumper.

Enjoy it I know you will get lots of looks with it I know I do and I'm pretty sure Brian will vouch for it.

Oh yes you must send or post Pictures I put them on my computer as a sales tool.

Thanks for the help everyone.

FYI, the "trimming" I was referring to was the excess backing around the sticker itself. I figured it would be hard to line up without being trimmed.

Will definitely post pics. I hope I can get to it today.

ive finally got the stripes on my SS. it looks great. iam gonna post pictures soon, but ive been in california getting married, and now iam back to IL and my truck is filthy. ill clean it and post pics soon.

todd

Matt, a couple other things i just thought of if its not too late

Make sure you do it in the shade and the surface temp of the truck is not too high.

You also want to be in a clean and wind free area.

Don't be afraid to use too much solution, you can never have it too wet.

Start your smoothing with the squeegee in the center and work your way to the outside. This is important so you do not get bubbles in it.

Be careful removing the backing off the stripe prior to wetting it.

Peel the masking off the finished stripe at 180 Deg to the stripe not 90. if you do it at 90 it will tend to want to lift the stripe off.

Good Luck!!!

Just curious what does a set of the hockey stripes run? I was going to try and make some myself but I have other things going on, like racing 4 wheelers that I dont have the time to do or my buddy to help out with. Everybodys trucks look awesome with them on!! :thumbs:

Ben

Just finished installing Craig's hockey stripes, but it's 11pm, so the pics are lousy. Didn't have time to upload one, but I did put one in my SS garage. Check it out and I will post better pics tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone for their installation advice, the install was pretty smooth. Definitely a two-man job, though.

Archived