Westers PCM Update????????

rmcswain

Here's something I found on another site about PCM's. Thought everyone interested in these might like to read it.

I just got off the phone w/ Lyndon at Westers Garage. Nice guy! Seems to be straight forward and honest. I told him that I have the 03 4.8L and he said I could honetsly see a 25-28 hp and 35-40 ft lb improvement with his PCM on my truck. Here are the (Q)uestions I asked him and the (A)nswers he gave me - I'm not quoting him, rather giving his general answer:

Q.... Will this void my factory warranty?

A.... NO. The dealership cannot see anything he has done. Matter of fact, if the dealer ever re-flashes your PCM with an update I'll send you another one and you send me the one out of your truck back.

Q.... Does your PCM delete torque management?

A.... Yes, completely. I increase the line pressure to compensate for it. If anything the PCM will help extend the life of the tranny/driveline.

Q.... Does your PCM firm up shift points?

A.... Yes. I can firm them up at lower rpm's, higher rpm's or throughout the powerband. The PCM will firm up shift points at all times not only at wot.

Q.... Do I have to have my truck in tow/haul mode for the PCM to work?

A.... No. It will increase shift firmness even more in tow/haul mode though, but not too much.

Q.... What is the core charge for the PCM?

A.... $900.00 for 2003 models, $170.00 for 2002 & older. I can't buy them any cheaper than that. That's $980.00 Canadian.

Q....Do you have dyno sheets?

A....My dyno does not have a print function. I can make adjustments on the dyno bot not print (graphs and such). Snap-on is supposed to be getting me a new dyno soon. (He then gaveme the #'s I listed at the beginning of the post.)

Q.... Will the PCM hurt my gas mileage?

A.... No. If anything it will make it better. You only have to run 87 octane. My PCM (program) loves 87 octane and runs just fine on it.

Q.... What if I make future changes or mods?

A.... Let me know, I will tune a new PCM for you and send it to you and you send me the one you take out of your truck back. NO CHARGE!

Q.... What if I make future changes or mods?

A.... Let me know, I will tune a new PCM for you and send it to you and you send me the one you take out of your truck back. NO CHARGE!

Keep in mind that it doesn't include shipping. So far it's cost me $16 to send it.

Still waiting on the new PCM to test it. I'm traveling this week so it should be in by the time I get back.

Just for comparison, I raced a stock SS to 90 MPH and beat him by a little over a truck length. Power came on at 3500RPM but before that it ran pretty much stock. Lyndon is making me a new one.

I believe FalconPilot is getting his this week and going to test with the G-Tech. Hopefully he'll reply soon with the results.

Thanks for the update. A co-worker of mine ordered one for his 02 Silverado 5.3 and should have it next week. He got the pickuptrucks.com discount. I'll report back on his results when he gets it.

Just got word my computer will not be untill the end of the week at the earlyest!

Here is what I was told:

He said he's been having trouble getting the new 03 ECU's, and that they

went and changed the part number so he now has no idea what to order. Also

said you would know in 2 minutes if it was going run right or not.

That's the way to instill confidence!

I will post G-tech results compaired to my previous ones when I get the computer!

Chad

Chad, what were your previous g-tech results, and are you happy with the g-tech?

-Ben

check out this post

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...?showtopic=1098

I am happy with the G-tech when used for checking performance upgrades. It is very consistent. I have no drag strip near by where I can test to see if the #s are correct.

Does that help?

Chad

Archived