Custom Tail lights

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went the professional route a couple years ago, and I'm pretty sure I was the first to do it on the SS. Yours have the most shine/gloss on a set of painted lights that I have seen on here. They look really good. I also like the sets that are done with the VHT spray, they look really good too. I sure do like the looks of the black on blue!

Bad pictures ... but a good comparison

Beforeandaftertintedlights.jpg

Good picture

may15037.jpg

No.  My is actually smoked.  Kinda like a heat shrinked tint.  Baked to get the super glossy look.

so how did you do it exactly or is it a secret?

I paid some idiot from Cali entirely too much money to do it. He had a shop setup...used some media to prep the lights....applied the " smoke tint " and cut out for the backup lights....used a heat booth to basically shrink wrap the smoke to the lights....he was on eBay for awhile but I just looked and he has been kicked off....he was a complete waste of DNA...but the lights kick ass!

I tried to get him to do a special group rate the SS boys and he pretty much said he doesn't need group buys to survive...so I told him to f off and I guess we can all decide what happened since....

Archived