What about mud?

I'm thinking about getting a SS, and I wouldn't take in into any really rough places where it would get scratched etc., but I would use it in deer hunting. I know the SS is lower than most 4X4's, but would the awd do a pretty good job otherwise in the woods & muddy logging roads?

Thanks,

Jack

The SS will scoot right thru the woods and those muddy logging trails, :D best of luck if you decide to purchase the SS :thumbs: Some "Kent" guy said the SS was .........more powerful than a train................and faster than a speeding Bullet :jester: Reckon he knows what he is talkin about??????????????? :D

my guess with the large tires and locking rear diff., the truck would handle most trails without a sweat with the exception of the fear of scratching it. not sure i'd want to go through to work to clean it after though. lol.

I don't know about the mud part, but I have had my SS "off road" a couple of times now. The kinds of dirt roads I have been on have been gullied and pot holed, but nothing extreme. The portion of the road shown in the picture is what I would call "fairly smooth" and yes that is some snow in the back there. I have not had trouble with bottoming out or loss of traction. The AWD sure shines there. All in all the SS is just right for my needs in terms of mostly street and the rare jaunt down a dirt road. Keep in mind I drive like a grandma on dirt roads :D pretty slow. Even with my old S-10. My neck just does not like much more than that.

HPIM0477.jpg

• 1 month later...

I unfortunately have found out how these trucks handle in mud. All this rain we have been getting down here in Tampa, FL has turned my driveway into a mudhole. I haven't had any problems with traction. A Lightening or Harley Davidson and I wouldn't be getting back to my house. A nice 1/4 mile hike.

• 1 month later...

Archived