PCM vs. Warranty vs. Massachusetts Inspection

Stitches040

Hey Guys .... and Ladies ....

I have a few questions regarding doing a PCM upgrade. I want to do either a PCMforless or Nelson Performance tune on my SS. But here are my concerns.

Does the PCM upgrade void my factory warranty?

And the State of Massachusetts has a very strick inspection/emissions check annually. Will the PCM upgrade Red Flag anything on the inspection. (Mass. has gone to plugging in under the dash for your emissions.)??

Some answers would be great.

Be Safe....... :thumbs::rollin::thumbs:

The tune if found will void warranty, yes.. As far as emmisions I live in CT and they inspect annually as well, but with the plug in test as long as there are no Check codes you will be fine.

I'm sure if something was to go wrong within your truck regarding the PCM, the dealer would not warranty it if they found that tune in there. Keep your stock PCM and your problem is solved! That's what I did.

Something happens.................... Replace with stock PCM

Inspection.................Replace with stock PCM

Any other questions???????? J/K :thumbs:

Late- Alex

I worked at Chevy for 9yrs as a tech. PCM tunes will not void the warranty, some dealerships may be hard asses about it, but just tuning it will not make the power train work beyond its capabilities like S/C with alot of boost or a 200hp shot of nos. The factory always tunes their vehicles low. As for the emissions if you were to read up on hypertech and superchips thier programmers are 50 state emission legal, as for custom tunes it may depend on how extreme it tuned. A simple up grade for a little more performance will not make you fail inspection. I'm sure Brian at PCMforless will be able to help you.

Archived