Seat Adjustment recall

BILLS04SS

You turn off the ignition. When i first bought my SS it worked great. It would only Move forward a littel bit and lean forward. Now it tries to move all the way forward Squishing my ass :banghead: Anyone know how to adjust this setting?? The driver positioning is fine. Its just when you turn off the ignition and open the door. Thanks :dunno:

I think you just need to set your preferences differently. While in your truck (with it running and in park) go through your preferences from the steering wheel until you find the one that says something about "easy driver exit" or something to that effect and make sure it's on. Make sure when you're done setting it that you hold down the little button on the driver side door that corresponds with your key number (1 or 2) until it beeps twice. This will put the seat all the way back when you remove your key making sure you don't get squished into the windshield :D

I always thought of that option as a driver dump. I used it for a while, but figured with near daily movements in the seat, it was something else to break from steady use. I just turned it off.

To set the driver exit, all you have to do is, with the key out, move the seat where you want it to be after you remove the key and push the button right above the driver 1 and 2 buttons. At least that is where mine is at on my 04'. I believe that is for the driver exit. Make sure you hold that button long enough to hear two beeps, after that it's set. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Alex is explaining the right thing. There are two small round buttons to set the driver position for driving and there is a larger oval button above those two to set the position for getting out of the vehicle when you shut the truck and remove the key.

Alex,

I know how to set the seat position.  I was referring to when you turn your truck off.  The seat "dumps" moves forward way to much now.  Thanks

Bill

Setting the driver exit and regular seat position is basically the same procedure. You need to push the right button to set the driver's exit.

Late- Alex

Archived