Bed covers and liners

Uncle Caleetro

Dale,

I really like your air/wind/rain shields, :cool:  mind tellin us where you got them and the brand name :thumbs:

The got the vent guards here locally. They were the smoked ones and I sent them out to a body shop and had them painted on both sides. I think they were about $90.00 total. :cheers:

Made by the Auto Vent shade company? The actual name, not trying to be a smarta@#.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dale,

I really like your air/wind/rain shields, :cool:  mind tellin us where you got them and the brand name :thumbs:

The got the vent guards here locally. They were the smoked ones and I sent them out to a body shop and had them painted on both sides. I think they were about $90.00 total. :cheers:

Thanks Dale and Ben for the info, they really look :cool: on your truck Dale :thumbs:

Take a look at this cover. I order one and will have it next week and will be able to give you more info on it.

I am looking forward to seeing it and hearing about how it worked out on your SS. :thumbs: Please keep us posted!

Justin :chevy:

Take a look at this cover. I order one and will have it next week and will be able to give you more info on it.

I am looking forward to seeing it and hearing about how it worked out on your SS. :thumbs: Please keep us posted!

Justin :chevy:

Will Do! Install being done tue AM, and hopefully I'll have some info and pictures up here in the afternoon. :D:cheers:

Yeah, I agree, Ben. Our boy has not been on the boards much this last week because of all the mods to his beast. I don't know how I'm gonna keep up with my new northern friend without a second job. :cry:

Anyone need some photography and Photoshop work? :D

Wow, Dale!  What's next?  You've been pretty busy getting that thing like you want.

:lol: Yea I know I tend to get carried away with mod's. Ya know the old saying! A fool and his money! That's me! Next? I've got a guy working on some stuff for the interior that I think you might like. :D:cheers:

Yeah, I agree, Ben. Our boy has not been on the boards much this last week because of all the mods to his beast. I don't know how I'm gonna keep up with my new northern friend without a second job. :cry:

Anyone need some photography and Photoshop work? :D

:lol::lol::lol: Not much to do up here in Oregon, so I got to find something to keep me busy. :D:cheers:

That's me! Next?

Dale,

Believe me, there is nobody on the planet who understands more than I do. :D My wheels have always been my passion - always! Porsche's to pickups. I have been through more cars (and different types of cars) since I was 16 than anyone I know. I take care of them like I'm going to keep it forever and then roll out of it for something new in 2/3 years. The longest I've EVER owned one vehicle was my last '99 Silverado. Had that one for four years. A record for me. The only reason I didn't get something new sooner was I could not find anything I liked enough to change. Had Ford come out with an ext. cab L I would have jumped all over that thing.

Anyway, that is also why I am a little more careful about my mods the most (smart) folks. I love to mod out my rides as I need to be an individual. I mean, it's a passion. I can not stand for my baby to look like every other whatever I own at the time that came off the assembly line. Unfortunately, all those add-ons don't bring a dime back on resale so I have to be VERY careful I don't over do it. I'm up to just over $6,000 now on the SS and am thinking of the s-chgr. That would put my adds to over $12,000 which would be almost a total loss a few years from now. So..........................I have to think about the s/c very carefully!!!

It's fun to watch you trick out your sled though as we seem have the same tastes.

Rock on, Dale. :flag:

When do the performance mods start?  Or, are those not planned this fiscal year? :D

The way I'm throwing money away right now the speed mods are gonna have to wait.(Wife is gonna kill me if I don't slow down) :D So for now if I'm feelin the need for SPEED I just jump in the car next to the SS. ;) :cheers:picture_005.jpg

That's me! Next?

Dale,

Believe me, there is nobody on the planet who understands more than I do. :D My wheels have always been my passion - always! Porsche's to pickups. I have been through more cars (and different types of cars) since I was 16 than anyone I know. I take care of them like I'm going to keep it forever and then roll out of it for something new in 2/3 years. The longest I've EVER owned one vehicle was my last '99 Silverado. Had that one for four years. A record for me. The only reason I didn't get something new sooner was I could not find anything I liked enough to change. Had Ford come out with an ext. cab L I would have jumped all over that thing.

Anyway, that is also why I am a little more careful about my mods the most (smart) folks. I love to mod out my rides as I need to be an individual. I mean, it's a passion. I can not stand for my baby to look like every other whatever I own at the time that came off the assembly line. Unfortunately, all those add-ons don't bring a dime back on resale so I have to be VERY careful I don't over do it. I'm up to just over $6,000 now on the SS and am thinking of the s-chgr. That would put my adds to over $12,000 which would be almost a total loss a few years from now. So..........................I have to think about the s/c very carefully!!!

It's fun to watch you trick out your sled though as we seem have the same tastes.

Rock on, Dale. :flag:

Lee, I know what you mean about the mod's. They only mean something to the guy that puts them on and not the next guy who comes along to buy it. I've learned that leason myself a couple of times. :D

I really just like making something my own and having something a little different.

I don't usually own any vehicle very long myself and it's kind of funny the last one was a 99 Silverado! Guess we do have the same tastes! :D:cheers:

Take a look at this cover. I order one and will have it next week and will be able to give you more info on it.It comes with two locks on it and the tail gate can not be lowered when the top is locked. Don't have to remove tail gate cap to install.

I'm installing a bedrug so can't help with the spray in liner. Hope this helps! Click on GT Classic :cheers:My Webpage

how much was it? i am looking. i had a snug top on my 90 stepside and it cost around $750.00. but i really do not want to remove the tailgate protector

Gary. :flag:

I go into with the mindset that this is my last truck. If I put a s-chgr on it, then it has to be that way. I have settled on it. If I do it, and I will, then it's over. No more new trucks unless I find someone to buy who knows what they would be getting. Never trade it in.

My last truck was a '99 GMC Sierra and never thought I'd get rid of and was nearly on the verge of doing more than the 5k I had already put into it. Then I started seeing articles on the SS and I knew I could end up getting and stopped. I took a loss on it, but the enjoyment I got out of it for the 4 years I owned more than paid me back. That was how I justifed my loss.

now if I'm feelin' the need for SPEED I just jump in the car next to the SS.

I can understand that. That's what my Harley is for, too. :D Gettin' in the wind and just bookin' it down the hwy on a sunny afternoon with nobody around but you and the sound of your engine against the pavement. It's the closest thing to flying there is without actually leaving the ground. A major adrenaline rush.

I love the wheels on your Vette. Once again, great choice. :thumbs:

It's funny about wheels and tires, isn't it? That is the one thing that everyone can do to immediately personalize their ride. You can do all kinds of other mods but wheels stand out the most and in a parking lot full of red SS's yours will always be yours (unless someone else has the exact same wheels which is unlikely).

When I was in advertising back in Atl. there was a survey about what people notice about automobiles first. The wheels and tires and the hood were one and two. Why the hood I don't have a clue but the survey told dlr's that, if nothing else, keep the hood of the car and the wheels and tires clean and the whole vehicle will be perceived in a more positive way. I can understand wheels and tires but the hood????? Go figure, huh?

Archived