Water/Methanol Injection

Jim7

A system like that will allow you to run higher boost and making more power by cooling the intake temperatures. A system like that, or similar, is recommended if he plans to bump up boost numbers up pretty high. But, even a system running low boost can benefit from it.

but they sell it for non boosted engines...Do you think it would produce any gains on an SS

I don't think it would do much good without the use of tuning software. Maybe it would give a cooler intake charge if you wanted to run a little higher timing without bringing KR. On just a stock tune, don't believe it would be worth the effort/cost.

on a naturally asperated system it'd be a very minimal gain and only if you had the ability to program for the gain. most guys on here are boosted and intercooled so meth hasn't been a big deal. with most of the superchargers on here being a radix even less are going to use it since it can harm the coating on the rotors of the blower unit.

I run 100% methanol. It works very well -- I did upgrade to a FMIC when I built the motor, but I still run the meth for high boost.

Meth is a chemical intercooler, and adds fuel. It works great for turbos where adjusting the boost is easy.

I have no idea why you'd run meth on an NA car, unless it was high compression and high timing.

Archived