Muffler Suggestions ? It's to Loud

Well I tried a 5" inlet/outlet Donaldson Mufffler for Diesel buses ect... It was just to loud for the neighbors and my wife. So I purchased a 5" Aero-Turbine and its just as loud at idle and just slightly less loud at cruising speed.

Should I split the 5" into a couple three incher's? I'm looking for a pretty tame sound level. Any idea's

the problem with the big pipes are the resonance. this is the reason you can hear a garbage truck idling out in front of your house when they aren't really that loud. if you split it up into twin 3" with something like a pair of dynomax race magnum's you'll probably get less complaints.

the problem with the big pipes are the resonance. this is the reason you can hear a garbage truck idling out in front of your house when they aren't really that loud. if you split it up into twin 3" with something like a pair of dynomax race magnum's you'll probably get less complaints.

:withstupid:

That's exactly why I'm going with single 3" in/dual 2.25" out of the biggest Magnaflow can available instead of a single 3" in/out. The same (or better) flow with much less noise or resonance.

Of course, you are flowing a lot more than I am, but still, you could get away with dual 3" or at least dual 3.5", and be much better off in the noise department.

Archived