SS top speed

FalconPilot

I finally have a good start on an SS top speed. My Webesters computer came today :D

(there will be a post early next week with 1/4 mile times and driving impressions. I have to break in the computer first)

Anyway, I topped out the SS on a back road. The speedo stopped at 120, but the tach kept climbing to 6000 in 3rd and hung there for about 5 seconds. Ran out of road, so it did not shift into OD.

If you do the math, 4:10 rear gears, 1:1 3rd gear, 31.8" tires..... (here is my xcell formula =RPM*60/rear ratio/trany ratio*PI()/12/5280*tire diameter in inches)

2600 RPM = 60 MPH, checks with truck

5900 RPM =136 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!

:crazy: Need more road. :crazy:

Chad

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear that you ran out of road. I guess it can happen at 125+.

Lyndon set my limiter to 5700. At 5200 I'm doing aroun 117MPH. Is that about what you are experiencing? I can't remember what was doing at 5700 in 3rd. Guessing 125ish?

So far what are your first impressions? I want seat-of-the-pants, not G-Tech.

I finally have a good start on an SS top speed. My Webesters computer came today :D

(there will be a post early next week with 1/4 mile times and driving impressions. I have to break in the computer first)

Anyway, I topped out the SS on a back road. The speedo stopped at 120, but the tach kept climbing to 6000 in 3rd and hung there for about 5 seconds. Ran out of road, so it did not shift into OD.

If you do the math, 4:10 rear gears, 1:1 3rd gear, 31.8" tires..... (here is my xcell formula =RPM*60/rear ratio/trany ratio*PI()/12/5280*tire diameter in inches)

2600 RPM = 60 MPH, checks with truck

5900 RPM =136 MPH!!!!!!!!!!!

:crazy: Need more road. :crazy:

Chad

FalconPilot,

Were the shift points working to suit you, and how is the Westers working overall with limited use? :confused:

Lyndon set my limiter to 5700. At 5200 I'm doing aroun 117MPH. Is that about what you are experiencing? I can't remember what was doing at 5700 in 3rd. Guessing 125ish?

So far what are your first impressions? I want seat-of-the-pants, not G-Tech.

In first it shifts around 5900, second to third, around 5700. Much firmer shifts.

5200 = 120 in 3rd.

5700 = 131

The only thing that may be different in my formula is tire size. I got the diameter off the tirerack web site. It looks correct, as the speeds calculated at normal speeds match what I have calculated. LOOK BELOW

Big Tex said

"Just an FYI to you guys. In the PCM, shifting into OD at wide open throttle is disabled. Well, not physically disabled, but set to 255 mph, which is physically impossible. "

That's why it didn't shift into OD! Next time I will have to let up a little then get back into it.

First impressions of webesters comp(35 miles on back roads)

Firmer shifts

55-85 is MUCH faster (when it downshifts, it just goes now!) The downshift is much faster

On my normal 0-60 starts it seems to be reaching speed before my previous points

Just saw BigTex's post in the other top speed thred (oops, sorry I did not look up there) If the tire size is actually 31.13, I only hit 133!!!!!!

We will forgive give you for the miscalculation and ONLY 133 :jester: and thanks for the additional info :cheers: Are you satisfied with the shifting patterns in normal driving and WOT? The reason I ask is ctrow was working on getting shifting corrections on his PCM. I guess what I am asking is has Lyndon and Westers tweeked out the shifting problems that were ocurring??????????

Archived