How to get a factory 500HP SS

ctrow

I saw this in the back of the July 2003 Truck Trend.

There's a company offering dealer warrantied packages for superchargers, etc.

My interest were the torsion bar adjusters that do not change spring rate. It does it by changing the position of the octagon so it lowers it 2" but keeps the same rate.

http://dyno-proven.com/index.htm

Probably expensive as a hell but it does come with a 4 year warranty though.

Physically loosening the bolts on the torsion bars or changing the keys is the same thing. If you can get a 2" drop (or raise it 2") with the adjuster bolts on the bars, its the same pressure as having a different TB key. If you changed the actual torsion bars, then thats diffferent.

I would think that increasing or decreasing the 'twist' on the torsion bar would produce a different spring rate?

Maybe I haven't looked at them close enough to know what I'm talking about. I'll have to check when I get home.

How are they getting 500 hp out of The XS-500 package includes all of the following: CoolCharger™ Supercharger System, stainless steel performance headers, stainless steel cat-back True Dual Exhaust System, Suspension Package, XS Autobahn 4 or XS Magnum 6 Brake System, 18 inch or larger wheels with V or Z rated tires and custom XS-500 insignia badges. to me that does not seam right. :confused:

dealer installed isn't factory..... as for the lowering thing, driveline angles of the half shafts is also a problem along with other items such as running on the bump stops, etc.

I call DPPI (dyno proven products inc) they said they are getting 517 - 528 hp out of there system (to the flywheel) DPPI said it should cost 8000. to 9000. installed

they gave me a contact in southern cal they told me 13000. installed just a little steep as that is just for cool charger headers catback computer programming

air charger, then told me to lower it would be 3300.

I think not

Darren

I call DPPI (dyno proven products inc) they said they are getting 517 - 528 hp out of there system (to the flywheel) DPPI said it should cost 8000. to 9000. installed

they gave me a contact in southern cal they told me 13000. installed just a little steep as that is just for cool charger headers catback computer programming

air charger, then told me to lower it would be 3300.

I think not

Darren

Impressive numbers, but too steep for my pocket book, I think not also :D

Why get they GM crap when you can get a magna charger Radix that is better than there cool charger. You a lot less $$$$$. And also there exhaust probably has to meat regulations that companies like flowmaster don't plus flowmaster sounds a lot better than any thing Gm can put out. Just my 2cents

Archived