My truck with cladding

Mocked up the cladding pieces on my truck yesterday and took some pics. Most of it was held on by zip ties and masking tape. The pics arn't that good because my camera sucks. But here is what it looks like. Once the cab corner gets done and everything gets painted it will look a whole lot better. I would really like to get haynss 6.0 motor, but right now I want to get all the cladding and front bumper done and painted and my truck lowered, so until then, I'm stuck with the 5.3. :(

011_Scan0012.jpg

010_Scan0011.jpg

You can see how much of a difference there is in the cab corners.

015_Scan0016.jpg

021_Scan0022.jpg

018_Scan0019.jpg

014_Scan0015.jpg

019_Scan0020.jpg

020_Scan0021.jpg

013_Scan0014.jpg

thats sweet, lookin good there! Nothing wrong with mismatched colors! :cool:

Can you post a pic of the back side of the cladding. I am curious to how it goes on. Where did you find the cladding? I want to get some but I can't find any used.

I'll have to take some pics of the back side of the cladding, but I can tell you that the top of the cladding has a piece of double sided tape, and there are little brackets and clips that that hold the bottom in place. I have a print out of the part numbers of the cladding, brackets, and a picture that I had my local dealership print up for me off of all data. I am going to scan them, then I will post them in this thread so you can get a better idea of what I mean. I'll try to take some pics later this afternoon and get them develpoed later this week.

I'll have to take some pics of the back side of the cladding, but I can tell you that the top of the cladding has a piece of double sided tape, and there are little brackets and clips that that hold the bottom in place.  I have a print out of the part numbers of the cladding, brackets, and a picture that I had my local dealership print up for me off of all data.  I am going to scan them, then I will post them in this thread so you can get a better idea of what I mean.  I'll try to take some pics later this afternoon and get them develpoed later this week.

At the bottom it's just a piece of 1"x1" aluminum L channel which is riveted to the door and then the cladding screws to it.

for the cabcorners i think you need 2 extra and fabricate them together.

I'm going to cut it down the middle, and glass a piece between them. There is a place that makes some already done, but they cost as much as I bought all the cladding for.

You could get a plastic welder too and go that way they are pretty easy to use. It has a heating element inside it and then it blows air through it which is hot and just melts the plastic you just need to find the correct type of filler rod as in what kinda plastic the panels are. I have used them before with great results if done correctly the panel will break anywhere other than where the weld is.

I might have to try that. I have to trim the piece that goes under the door, so I will have some extra material to mess around with. I want to make molds of the corners as well, so if anybody wants some, they don't have to go through the hassle.

Archived