Loud groan when braking lightly

vtecths

On my non-ss (i know... :P ) LQ9 VHO Silverado I have a loud groan when using the brakes lightly. It does not happen all the time and the dealership was unable to replicate the problem. It seems to get worse when it get hotter. I was almost thinking its like something is getting hung up or not releasing. I sounds terrible and the truck starts to vibrate. I dont believe its the ABS kicking in because its only done under light braking.

Can anyone help??

Thanks in advance.

almost sounds like the rear. It could also feel it from the middle of the truck. I really dont think it is the front.

I almost thought that the E-brakes might the cause. I never use it but i went under and looked at it today and everything looked good.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old post, but my truck is doing the same thing. I took it to the dealer twice and they can't replicate the problem either...Has anyone had any success with solving the problem or figuring out what it is? Almost feels like the brakes slightly grab and release when slowing down. I only have 6000 miles on it.

Random suggestion - does the truck pull to one side or the other when it happens? That might indicate which side of the vehicle is suspect (the problems will be the side opposite the pull).

Mr. P.

Its all dry here in SD  :D

I started to have a groan about a week ago. Took it to dealer, no problem pads are good, okay. Groan on pass rear disk got worse during the week. Wheel is turning brown from heat and dust. The disk looks corroded, I thought it was just burning off corrosion.

Today the brake idiot light comes on, no brakes. It happened in front of my house so I'm okay. The wheel is smoking, brake fluid on wheels. It was grinding when taking off from a stop. Something is seriously wrong.

Just a great labor day. :banghead:

I was taking mine to a local dealer to have it worked on, and they couldn't find anything. I made a appt. for wednesday to drop it off at the original dealer I bought it from to have them fix it. I'm gonna lose it if they don't have it fixed when I pick it up :mad: Its a 06, if they try to feed my any sh%t like "they all brake like that.." I'm gonna make them buy me a brembo set!

Archived